News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fare the well David Bowie

Started by Trillium, January 11, 2016, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

Farewell my Goblin King!  Your inspiration will be greatly missed!   :'(
Got faerie dust?

Merlin the Elder

That news early this morning really bummed me out.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

I heard a month or so ago that he had a new release coming out,  it was actually released last Friday, just 2 days prior to him passing away.  I hope he was alert enough in the end to know that.  But I hadn't read anything about him fighting the big C. 
I remember the song China Girl because he hired an unknown guitar player from Austin Texas named Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Bowie wanted Stevie Ray to continue to be in his band as the lead guitar player, but Stevie had his own plans.  And as they say, the rest is history.
So long Ziggy Stardust!! 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Lady Mac

Rest in peace Zigs,

I scanned through 10 or maybe a dozen stories, mainly everyone so surprised of no info of
his 18 month fight of cancer. Supposedly 1 of Davids' videos of a new song was sung or synced
from bed. Didn't mention from home or hospital. Again barely any info.
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

DressArtMystery

We talked about him the day before his death,were thinking over his Tesla in The Prestige. And in the morning I found out...
Tailoring your dream

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Lady Mac on January 11, 2016, 09:25:41 PM
Supposedly 1 of Davids' videos of a new song was sung or synced
from bed. Didn't mention from home or hospital. Again barely any info.

The video for the song "Lazarus" was shot in a creepy hospital setting, with Mr Bowie in bed with strangely dirty bandages over his eyes. Purely an artistic choice and fitting for the song. It's eerie and moving, as one would expect from the Thin White Prince.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Capt Spleen