News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Oh A-Kilting we will go!

Started by Will Gamwell, August 06, 2008, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gamwell

Just about done.  I have some minor adjustments to make and adding some clasps on the inside of the aprons for easy fastening.  Should be completed by wednesday I would think.  So far it looks great!

Sean

Tim T

Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Will Gamwell

So there are two problems.
1)  Today is the day that my work has deemed this site a security risk due to malware/spyware and blocked it.  So I am posting from my phone and therefore cannot post the pics that I have.

2)  As much as I like how the kilt looks, I am annoyed and have learned a lesson.  Never let anyone sew it for you!  They tappered it wrong and it is too big around the waist.  They also sewed horizontally across both the over and under apron.  Which I fixed last night.

After trying it on, my girlfriend suggested darting it in two places to take it in.  While that would work, I found that I was still annoyed with it and unstitched the top four inches of each pleat.  Repinned them how they need to be and am ready to be resewn.