News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

LOVELY Opening Day!!!

Started by Merlin the Elder, February 13, 2016, 06:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Didn't see everyone I was looking for, saw some I didn't know were coming, but it was a beautiful day, nice crowd!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

scarletnyx

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 13, 2016, 06:48:51 PM
Didn't see everyone I was looking for, saw some I didn't know were coming, but it was a beautiful day, nice crowd!

It was great seeing you and the Lady out at faire!

Like Merlin said, it was an amazing weekend. I saw lots of kids and families experiencing faire for the first time. It made my heart swell.

So many more vendors! My poor wallet, but I was so happy supporting local artisans.

Here's to many, many more weekends just like this!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

RenStarr

Fun day, weather was just about perfect.  Saw some folks I expected to see.  Didn't see some folks I expected to see, but I suspect I just wasn't where they were at any given time and vise versa.  Met some new folks also, and that's always a good thing.  Had some of my family out with the spouse and I.  Drank some good drinks and saw some good shows.  All in all, a very good day!   
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

KiltedPrivateer

I concur.
Merlin it was a pleasure to have finally met you and your beautiful wife.
This weekend my wife was under the weather, so it was just my daughter and I. We had a very good time. Our thanks to PR for hosting movie night.

The faire seemed a bit behind on some things. There seemed to be a lack of trash receptacles around the eateries, and around the grounds in general. And of course inflation. I'm not completely against it, however I expect the same quality (and quantity) as in years past. I didn't see that the quality had remained at the Italian restaurant this year. I was disappointed in the Italian sausage sandwich.

This is the first year that we actually followed the story line of the season. Only missed one stage act. Guess we'll have to catch that one on our next visit. Sherwood definitely has some great actors and actresses.

It was a tad dark around the camp grounds this weekend since we were not allowed to use tikis. Hopefully, that ban will be lifted for the remaining weekends.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

GNASloth

Concur! It was a beautiful opening weekend.  Weather was completely the opposite of what I usually expect for opening weekend at Sherwood.

Was nice to meet you Merlin and the lovely Lady Nimue (at Washing Well show)!

Got to have all three of my sons join my wife and I this year.  All in pirate garb, and all of us camping together.

All in all, a very enjoyable opening weekend.

Merlin the Elder

Thank you, KP and GNA, and the rest of the alphabet!  ;D  The pleasure was mutual.

KP, I thought we had met you before at OKRF, but at my age--1600+ years old--sometimes I get confused.

KiltedPrivateer

Merlin, no, I'm afraid I've never been to the OKRF.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Merlin the Elder

That would explain why you looked so different than I remembered!  ;D

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 16, 2016, 07:17:35 AM
That would explain why you looked so different than I remembered!  ;D

*Thumbs Up* *Smilie* *Like*
Lack of emojis on this forum (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

Hopefully the weather will continue for at least one more weekend.  StudMuffin and I are trying to make our first visit to Sherwood for the 20th.  If anyone spots us, give a shout out.
And if we are going uphill, a push might be handy...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

scarletnyx

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on February 15, 2016, 06:28:54 PM
I concur.
Merlin it was a pleasure to have finally met you and your beautiful wife.
This weekend my wife was under the weather, so it was just my daughter and I. We had a very good time. Our thanks to PR for hosting movie night.

The faire seemed a bit behind on some things. There seemed to be a lack of trash receptacles around the eateries, and around the grounds in general. And of course inflation. I'm not completely against it, however I expect the same quality (and quantity) as in years past. I didn't see that the quality had remained at the Italian restaurant this year. I was disappointed in the Italian sausage sandwich.

This is the first year that we actually followed the story line of the season. Only missed one stage act. Guess we'll have to catch that one on our next visit. Sherwood definitely has some great actors and actresses.

It was a tad dark around the camp grounds this weekend since we were not allowed to use tikis. Hopefully, that ban will be lifted for the remaining weekends.
I noticed there wasn't as many trash cans - places where I'm used to seeing ones didn't seem to have them.

My pesto from the Italian place was just as good as years before so I can't really speak about that. Pizza seemed good too.

But man the weather was gorgeous! That negated anything bad that rattled around my head.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

KeeperoftheBar

I am no longer a Sherwood Virgin.  StudMuffin and I had a wonderful weekend, amazingly warm for February.   I love the Clan camping areas.  Makes it seem more like a real village as you get to know your neighbors.
What I saw of the faire itself was amazing.  Unfortunately, the trails are not StudMuffin friendly.  The pictures I saw did not demonstrate just how steep that hill is.  Still I has a wonderful time at the City of Jeruselem Pub watching the world go by. 
And thank you all to those many kind people who offered assistance.  Even if I didn't need it, the offer is always greatly appreciated.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

GNASloth

It was great to meet you and StudMuffin!

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on February 22, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
I am no longer a Sherwood Virgin.  StudMuffin and I had a wonderful weekend, amazingly warm for February.   I love the Clan camping areas.  Makes it seem more like a real village as you get to know your neighbors.
What I saw of the faire itself was amazing.  Unfortunately, the trails are not StudMuffin friendly.  The pictures I saw did not demonstrate just how steep that hill is.  Still I has a wonderful time at the City of Jeruselem Pub watching the world go by. 
And thank you all to those many kind people who offered assistance.  Even if I didn't need it, the offer is always greatly appreciated.

I'm glad you were finally able to get to the forest and see what we've all been raving about.  Now, how to give Studmuffin a 6 inch lift, knobby tires and mulch crushing suspension?
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on February 22, 2016, 07:45:43 PM
Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on February 22, 2016, 07:32:13 AM

I'm glad you were finally able to get to the forest and see what we've all been raving about.  Now, how to give Studmuffin a 6 inch lift, knobby tires and mulch crushing suspension?

I'm sure we could rig him up something...maybe with a 5hp motor... ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God