News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Linen blend at Walmart!

Started by isabelladangelo, April 03, 2016, 08:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isabelladangelo

I went to Wally World the other day and was looking for cottons to make aprons when I saw what looked to me like linen.  I touched it and...it was linen!   Turns out, Walmart is carrying 52% linen/48% rayon blends for $5.97 a yard.  It's lightweight and an amazing 52" wide.   I saw both lilac and pink - both were light enough that I'm sure you could dye it any color you really wanted.   I bought 3 yards of the lilac to make a new late 16th c Italian dress.   

If you have a wally world near you that carries fabric, keep on the look out for the linen blend!

Butch

Primo find!  Thanks for sharing.

gem

Wow! Great find!

Butch, there's a fabric dept. at the Bonner Springs Walmart. Do you know another in the metro?

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I bought out all the white Linen/Cotton blend at my Hancock Fabrics that is going out of business. There was some 60" wide Cotton Voile embroidered I bought what was left of too for chemises. I lokmed at the Linen/Rayon blend and passed it up.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

isabelladangelo

I went to Hancock's today myself and picked up some lovely green linen/cotton blend.   I also got some great dupioni silk for $2 a yard there.  I think the silk might be a blend but it smelt like silk when I burned it so....  I now have 15 yards more silk than I had yesterday.   ;D

Butch

Gem, the one in Lees Summit; right off from 470.  Their fabric dept was closed for a while, but is back open.