News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2016 opening is looming

Started by RefMom3, April 09, 2016, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefMom3

Just a few more weeks, and the Castle will open ;)
It will be so nice to see the Oklahoma folks again, and I recently found out that not only is my cousin planning on coming with me again, but she's planning on bringing her 17-year-old son and a friend of his. I had taken her to the Castle last year (year before? ) and she'd fallen in love with faires, and she brought her son and some friends to our home faire of Bristol last summer, and now he wants to make the trip to Oklahoma with us; I feel very accomplished for that ;)

Merlin the Elder

I'll have the cards with me...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

I expect nothing less, Master Wizard...
and I'll have the doughnuts with me...and whatever else I can manage.

BagPipeBabe

I just moved to Oklahoma and plan on visit this fair for the first time on opening day.
The renaissance fair that I used to go to people would tailgate before opening and I was wondering if Patrons of this Fair did it as well??

Merlin the Elder

Tailgating, by the definition of Scarborough, does not happen, although some of us get there early and dress in the parking lot...

We will be there for opening weekend as well. Homer, the Odyssey, will be parked in the handicap area near the front gate. Am I wrong or did we not meet once at Scarby?  Regardless, drop by and say hello.

BagPipeBabe

We have actually met a few times over the last couple of years. I even said hi to you in passing on opening day this year at scarby .

Merlin the Elder

I hope I responded... I am a bit hard of hearing. I also see people that I know I've seen or met before, but in my 1600 year-old brain, everything gets confusing...

BagPipeBabe

Not really. I was walking one way and you were walking the other I said hi in passing you looked like you were trying to remember who I was but neither was stopped.
But I don't take it personally. :P

RefMom3

You can try again this weekend ;)

BagPipeBabe

I unfortunately will not be able to make it this weekend :'(. Maybe next time.

Tamtaro

My merry caravan from Columbia will be in attendance this weekend! We made it into town before the big storm last night. Wowie! The weather looks like it will be nice today!
I bought my ticket at Walgreen's to save two bucks and guess what? I they charged $2.10 sales tax for a savings of negative one dime! Ha!

Craigmeister

Sorry, Tamtaro.  Oklahoma has one of the highest sales tax rates in the country.  Someone should do something about that.  Where is Robin Hood when we need hi...  Um, nevermind.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

It was lovely to see you, Tamtaro, my smiley friend!

Melkar

I'll be there the weekend of May 21/22 - first timer!   Any tips for a newb?
BCNU,
  Melkar

Merlin the Elder

Pork Loin sandwich! DELICIOUS!  :D