News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping During the Week

Started by AngieT, April 10, 2016, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngieT

I have a question for camping folks that attend multiple weeks.  Is there a good place nearby to camp during the week between festival weekends?  We'll be starting a new adventure full timing soon, and one of my big to-do's is to attend a full season. I'd like to stay on site on the weekends, but that isn't an option during the week.

scarletnyx

I think there is a new RV park kinda close by that some people go over too. I don't live around in that area, but I could have sworn I heard people either on here or at the faire talking about it.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

mpullen

Quote from: scarletnyx on April 20, 2016, 01:46:10 PM
I think there is a new RV park kinda close by that some people go over too. I don't live around in that area, but I could have sworn I heard people either on here or at the faire talking about it.

Yes, there is an RV park almost across the road from TRF. It's for sale and my Son wants me to buy it.

I want to invest my $20M in Sherwood, where I have more involvement and not be subject to the political BS.

AngieT

Mike, what about around Sherwood?  I'm not familiar with the area at all.  Are there good places nearby to camp during the week?

RenStarr

Here's some suggestions on places close to Sherwood.  There are 3 places in the Bastrop area.  Bastrop State Park and the two LCRA parks on Lake Bastrop.  Those three are the closest, 15-20 minutes away.  There is Buescher State Park outside of Smithville, approx 30 minutes to SFF.  There is a private RV park on Hwy 77 south of Giddings, approx 40 minutes to SFF.  These are the ones I'm familiar with that are the closest.  Hope this helps.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

mpullen

Quote from: AngieT on April 27, 2016, 06:59:51 PM
Mike, what about around Sherwood?  I'm not familiar with the area at all.  Are there good places nearby to camp during the week?

Since this is a TRF camping thread, I will not respond here. Post a SWFF RV park question on the SWFF thread.

AngieT

Thank you RenStarr.  Will do, Mike!