News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shrewfaire and Canterbury-Oregon

Started by MountedArcher, April 19, 2016, 01:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountedArcher

Hello! I just joined and figured I shoud post here about a couple faires that I'm SO excited about.

[Canterbury] is in Silverton, a ways from Salem. I've never been able to make it personally, but I've heard that it's FANTASTIC! It runs two weekends in July

Shrewsbury is THE FIRST FAIRE I ATTENDED and it's "my" faire. Located in Kings Valley, just outside of Philomath and has been running for 21 years this year, always the second weekend of September (September 10-11 this year) and  I have been going for what will be six years. My best mate and I have vended there twice, each time learning a little more and ALWAYS enjoying the atmosphere and the people. This year will be our third go at it, one last "huzzah" before I head to Texas for a year.  If you make it, look up Bits 'n Scraps. All sorts of simple crafts and paintings.
.....Shameless advertising?

Merlin the Elder

No shame at all, Mate!  Welcome to our little world!  I have never been to the Northwest, and would love to come. We live in central Arkansas, and if we come, we will drive, as there is much in the west we have never seen.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...