News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Elizabethan Chemise

Started by Raelyn Fey, April 23, 2016, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raelyn Fey

While my dress this year isn't period accurate, it's greatly influenced by the Tudor/Elizabethan era. I'm looking to get an Elizabethan style shift/chemise for it since that is what my home faire plays off of. Does anyone here make them to sell or know where I can purchase one? I don't need extra embroidery or anything too fancy. Also I know there are a couple different styles with collars, but I can't seem to get good pictures of the courtiers at faire to get a good view of them. Any help would be appreciated!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, a member on this Foum, is a professional seamstress who does beautiful work.  I have 2 of hr noble chemis s, and my husband has one.  Thy are exquisite.  You can send her a message on the Forum for more info.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Raelyn Fey

isabelladangelo

Have you considered making one?  They aren't difficult and are a great beginner's project if you don't know how to sew yet.

Raelyn Fey

Do you have any patterns I can look up and fabric suggestions?

I found this one too which is really pretty and simple Chemise

isabelladangelo

There is the pattern in Pattern's of fashion should you choose to self draft.  It's basically two trapezoids, a rectangle for the neck, two rectangles for the sleeves, and small rectangles for the cuffs.  There are also the squares for the underarm gussets. 

For more there was a discussion on smock patterns a few years ago that is still very relevant.   

Raelyn Fey

I think I have my terminology wrong. What I'm looking for is like the chemise in the link I posted in my last reply. Not the square neckline type. It's not a partlet though because that goes over the square neck line chemise. I'm looking for a blouse that has the poofy sleeves and collared neckline as a whole. I should do a little more research before I make a topic.

Like this

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Irish Rose on April 23, 2016, 09:29:07 PM
I think I have my terminology wrong. What I'm looking for is like the chemise in the link I posted in my last reply. Not the square neckline type. It's not a partlet though because that goes over the square neck line chemise. I'm looking for a blouse that has the poofy sleeves and collared neckline as a whole. I should do a little more research before I make a topic.

Like this

This is exactly the kind of chemises that Lady Kathleen made for me.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

isabelladangelo

It's a high necked smock.  The pattern for it is in Patterns of Fashion (first link I sent) and I believe there was one in the thread I posted as well. 

Raelyn Fey