News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fairy weekend?

Started by groomporter, July 03, 2016, 11:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Tossed this at MNRF

Has fest management ever thought of just accepting the fairy thing and having a specific theme weekend for them? Some of fairy fairs in other parts of the country sound like they are doing well.

We already have the fairy festival fairy house contest, but that's just small part of the Middle east/ Silk Road Weekend.

Ask Twig to be a fairy queen for the weekend. Maybe call it a Shakespeare/fairy weekend combined for a "Midsummer Night's Dream"?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

groomporter

The couple years we had the Fairie Court as part of the cast I heard there were some problems of how to interact between them and the human court. With some planning folks should be able to come up with specific skits...

Make it a royal visit, or have the fairies invade at opening gate and magically "take over" the kingdom for the weekend until they are driven out, or a compromise treaty is made at closing gate for a Brigadoon-like once a year thing.

groomporter

Of course part of the reason they settle on certain weekend themes is because MAF can find specific sponsors for them as well as vendors and such for the special events area. What businesses do we have locally that has money to spend to sponsor a fairy themed weekend?

Trillium

TRF has it's own faerie court that interacts with all the other courts and is featured in the "1001 Dreams" fae weekend.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Got faerie dust?

groomporter

Got a positive response from management that maybe in 2017...

groomporter

We had a largish faerie court as part of cast for 2 or 3 years at MNRF. In fact I think that's how Twig originally got her start as a fey character. If I remember, the artistic director eventually decided not to renew the group's contract and rumor was he discouraged faerie characters among street performers except for Twig at least until the Mermaids and the Secret/faerie garden was opened.

As I hinted at above there seemed to be some friction between the performers on the human court and the faerie court and confusion as to how the two courts should interact that never quite got worked out.

Puck

I like the idea of having a faire court that crashes the gate. I think it would go over well.