News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Which weekends

Started by ValickOLaris, May 09, 2016, 09:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValickOLaris

Hello everyone,

I'll first introduce myself, everyone on the interweb calls me Val but those who know me in person call me Jed. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you at the Faire over a glass of my homemade bananas foster rum  ;D

So after a lot of reading on here I see that there is a lot of love for all hallows eve weekend. So would you all say all hallows eve is the most enthusiastic weeked?

My clan (Clan SOCO only 2 years old at this point) have been thinking pirate weekend for our main outing but now I'm reconsidering.

Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

AHE falls in the middle of the TRF season and being that it's Halloween, the freaks come out of the woodwork.  For a lot of us there is special meaning behind it, with it being the only time a lot of our out of state Fairemily comes into town.  The weather isn't USUALLY too hot or foul...although it was an AHE that spawned Rennado, which turned out to be a really interesting night.  :-\
*If you don't mind tents collapsing and easy ups being twisted around trees*

If I only had one weekend to go, it would be AHE...which might be the case, this year.  :'(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

The big camping weekends are opening, AHE, and closing, with Pirates next in line.  Personally, we avoid opening and AHE, too chaotic, too many people in one place.  But we are also just a small family trying to camp.  I don't like people trying to set up camp practically on top of us or pulling in their RV next to us with their generator next to our tent (both have happened...).  AHE is definitely the biggest party weekend, with the good areas filling up quick.  It really depends on what experience your clan is looking for and how big of a space you need. The weather for AHE and Pirates is usually fairly comfortable since they fall mid-season.
Got faerie dust?

ValickOLaris

Awesome! Thanks for the insight. We are a wild bunch, so AHE sounds right up our alley, but don't worry, we're not buttheads. We've even been looking into where some of the other clans typically setup to keep from imposing on time honored traditions.
Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

scarletnyx

Quote from: ValickOLaris on May 10, 2016, 12:15:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the insight. We are a wild bunch, so AHE sounds right up our alley, but don't worry, we're not buttheads. We've even been looking into where some of the other clans typically setup to keep from imposing on time honored traditions.
Clans don't mind if you set up near them, just don't take anyone's "space". Other Clans always love meeting newer Clans!

And what everyone is saying about AHE is right. It's great people watching and everyone just seems to be in great spirits. There is always something going on in the campground as well - I believe last year there was an impromptu fire parade to/from the bonfire.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

RTB32

We usually go AHE 1) because I camp with a friend from high school and she loves it, 2) the costumes are cool, 3) 2 out of 3 years we've camped the weather hasn't been terrible. We did survive the 2013 Rennado, but our friend's tent didn't. We always setup with our small group (4 people), but I've never seen where the clans setup. Maybe this year.  :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Take a look at the map on "Who What Where" thread.  Some of the major clan's locations are listed... ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

mpullen

Very sorry that I will no longer be able to attend TRF. Since I am no longer involved as a Patron's Campgrounds "Greeter", I would have to camp with my clan(s). Unfortunately, I would have to kennel my dogs and the $500 cost for each weekend is out of my range (as I am now retired = no income).

Fortunately, Sherwood is far more lenient on allowing pets in the campgrounds (plus, hey, I'm a manager).

Really going to miss my FaireFamily at TRF. See ya'all in 2017 at Sherwood.