News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Other Forums for Buy/Sell/Trade?

Started by LordHawthorne, May 21, 2016, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordHawthorne

Hello!  I'm trying to help a friend sell her wool traveling cloak, and we thought we'd try Ren forums to see if we could find a home with people who'd genuinely care for it before we turned to Craigslist or something. :)

It looks like the B/S/T forum was recently removed here...can anyone recommend other sites or forums that have active, above-board classifieds for items like this?  Thanks for your help!

Trillium

We have a buy sell trade section, however, since you are new, you don't have access to it yet.  You need to post in other areas a few times before the access opens up.  I believe it is for spam relief.  You could post it in the section for your local faire(s) or in the Squire's Tavern.  I would suggest adding a caveat that you don't have access to the buy/sell/trade section yet.  Good Luck and welcome to our happy little home!
Got faerie dust?

LordHawthorne

Thanks Trillium!  That makes sense now...I saw the guidelines in another section that said there would be no buying or selling for now, so I assumed that section must have closed down for some reason.  I appreciate the explanation! :)  Cheers and thanks for the welcome!

CoupleLINY

closet space once again an issue; time to unload en masse.
CoupleLINY Over & Out

Lady Renee Buchanan

It is helpful to post pictures and prices on everything when you post, not just a general "I have garb for sale, PM me."  That way, maybe someone is not really looking for garb, but something catches their eye, and there's a possible sale.  Many people, myself included, are impulse buyers! :)
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

CoupleLINY

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on January 09, 2017, 09:56:59 AM
It is helpful to post pictures and prices on everything when you post, not just a general "I have garb for sale, PM me."  That way, maybe someone is not really looking for garb, but something catches their eye, and there's a possible sale.  Many people, myself included, are impulse buyers! :)

that i can do, just dont have access to the buyselltrade section yet; garb and trinkets and stuff accumulated from NY Faire, Penn Faire, Maryland Faire & FL Faire.... will get to it!
CoupleLINY Over & Out

Gryphon

Were you eventually successful in this? I have photos of many things and will take more for the things I don't yet have. Lots of Moresca and Noblesse Oblige.