News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Flooding in TRF Toon Town

Started by mpullen, June 13, 2016, 01:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

:'(
In case you haven't heard, the folks in the TRF Toon Town have just been hit with another flooding event this past weekend.

If you are a Facebook sort of person, check their "The Water on RenFaire Dr. 2016" page.

They need basic survival supplies.

Many have lost their houses, trailers, yurts, etc. that they live in during the TRF season. Many will be just abandoning their properties as they don't have the insurance to rebuild. The area has been declared a disaster area, so they will be receiving FEMA aid, but that often doesn't cover everything.

These are the performers and vendors we know at TRF and other faires.

Part of the problem is that the drainage ditches are clogged with debris, so the water cannot drain off quickly. Anyone with heavy equipment (especially backhoes) should contact TRF management and offer your services.

I was going to purchase Rena's (Rena Leather) property three weeks ago, but something told me to back out of the deal. Glad I did, as it is now a water flooded area. Many folks were either stuck in their homes or block for coming into the area.

PyroMaster

The massive TRF property is draining past Copper Rose faster than the ditch can handle it. It needs to be cleaned out below there.
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.