News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So how is the Faire?

Started by Kruzar, August 06, 2008, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kruzar

I just found out today that I might be able to swing through this Faire due to a business trip.  So my first question is how is this faire?  And secondly... what are the must sees??

I will probably not be dressed up since luggage is really tight, but  I would love to have a fun visit if it is possible....
Gentleman Rogue

AnyuBoo

I might be a little biased...but I think it's the best Faire.   :) 
Some of the must-sees include the Zucchini Brothers (if they're still there), the Rogue Blades, and of course, a visit to court (for who can miss the chance at meeting our wonderful Queen?).
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Cateyes

My cousin has been a a few faires with me and she said it is the "party" faire.  People are more outgoing and have more fun at this faire.  The pub is a very cool place to go if you don't mind getting hit on.  Ric Roc is talented/funny.  The washing well wenches are very funny too but you may get wet during the show.  The chess match is good as well and the court will be there (which is always a plus).

flidais

Huzzah!!!!
MIRF is wonderful!!  Granted it is my home faire and that may as AnyuBoo said, make me a bit biased.  In the past five years I think I may have missed 10 days of faire and I have yet to experience everything MIRF has to offer.  The music and stage acts are wonderful, the merchants are great, the cast and crew put all their hearts into every day.  And yes there is always much merriment and tasty beverages, but I MIRF has alot more to offer than just a party.  I couldn't begin to tell you what is the "must see" because I love it all.
But please be sure to stop by the Things From Rings booth for a RF meet and greet.  As the date gets closer times will be posted.  Or just stop by there anytime durring the day.  There is usually several of us around there and the owners are members of this board as well (waves to LadyFair).  Just look for the the three red and yellow bridges, you can't miss them.
Looking forward to meeting you!

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Rogue Blades and Bocca Musica

Oh, and when you stop by things from rings (I'll be the obnoxious gent out front with the Bad Duck yelling at passing customers) you have to spend some time watching Hob the Troll.

Celtic Lady

Huzzah to MiRF. It is a great place to be. If the Deadbob show is there make sure to see it. We saw it last year up at MnRF and it was hilarious.

Margaret

MIRF is my home faire as well, but according to friends who visited for the first time last year - the faire is very well laid out and very shady.  The cast interaction is very good and everyone is very welcoming, the shopping is plentiful.  Arte said even her hubby thought highly of the faire.

So yeah - we rock.   ;D

Shows to see - all the ones mentioned above as well as Owen Phyfe
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

nliedel

I've been to several faires and MiRF is the best, imo. I'm cast, so it's not like I'm biased, or anything, but I can honestly say this group of actors (that's the group I know best) works harder than any other group I've ever known and I've mucked about in theater all my life. The love that's going into this faire blows me away and deeply humbles me.

The entertainment is wonderful and the food, well it's faire food, but it's good.

I love this faire. There's a reason I desperatly wanted to be on cast. Look for the singing rose seller, Serena dei Fiore and I will sing you a special song. I can be found wandering about the holding area pre-faire and generally being a pest.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Katie Bookwench

Yes, there are lots of shady lanes in our faire-- and some great shops along those lanes!

We have a lot of great musicians and singing groups that fill nearly every corner shire with a lively tune.  We have several pubs, and you can find libation and good food all over the site.

We have a great Coffee Shop -- a FANTASTIC bakery, and we have a chocolate shop too!

I must admit that I don't see many shows (I used to be cast, and never had time to do it) but I enjoy bits and pieces of the ones I do see -- Sir Ryosis, Ample and Trite, and Rogue Blades are the ones I've gotten a chance to enjoy, if momentarily.

You'll find lots of cast members who will welcome you....and I should also mention that the Wenches here are AWESOME (not that I am biased or anything.... ;D).

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Pipere

If you don't see the Rogue Blades you'll hate yourself in the morning.

Other than that, MIRF is a great place just to walk around and take it all in. The shopping's very varied and not only are there shows, but there are daily special events to boot.. (yeah, I help run them, but hey, we always need publicity for those)
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Kruzar

This sounds sooo exciting.  Now to talk my travel group into letting me fly in early.  :)

Thank you for all the insight.
Gentleman Rogue

Lord Virgil

Kruzar,

MiRF is a great place, full of great people.  We have the most gracious queen, our Mother Superior is an absolute riot, and the entire staff makes one feel welcome.  I am a royal pass holder (season pass) and frequent the Guiness Pub.  My favorite outfit is my pirate garb (Olive green velvet frock coat, and black/purple vest/pants) or the oufit I'm wearing in my picture here.  Let me know what day you're going and look me and my beautiful wife up at the pub, I'd be glad to buy you a beverage.   MiRF ROCKS!!!!   HUZZAH!!!!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Lord Pumpernickel

Honestly I believe MIRF to have some of the best music around. You have the absolutely amazing voice of Owain Phyfe (vocalist of The New World Renaissance Band) sing hits of the 1400-1600, Djilia Phralengo who has a beautiful female vocalist, Conor Savage great Irish minstrel, and so much more. We could all give you suggestion for great things to see but with so much MIRF has to offer you won't see it all in one day are even two. But it is absolute no matter what you see or go do you are going to have a great time.

robert of armstrong

There really is so much to see and do.  This is one of the greatest faires I have heard of.  It makes the drive from Toronto (some years for more than one weeekend) seem like a small price to pay for such merriment.  Although a couple Faires have been visited and placed on the "if we are in the area, but no special trip just for the Faire" List, MiRF has always been a must for our RennFest travel itinerary.  We plan out late summer/early fall weekend festivities around it.

Will be there this Sunday!!
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

nliedel

Alas, I'm allowed nowhere near the pubs. I can be found in the holding area pre-opening. Please say hello. I'm a tad nervous.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor