News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MNRF LEASE EXTENDED THRU 2019

Started by groomporter, June 30, 2016, 05:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

MNRF LEASE EXTENDED THRU 2019

"Our initial season in our new home will be 2020."

Link to publicity release from MAF:

http://renaissancefest.com/Assets/New%20Graphics%202016/Renaissance%20Lease%20Extended%20to%202019.pdf
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lady L

Any info on the parking/pit situation? We have handicap parking ID and there's no way we can use the Queen's gate parking, or walk up and down that large ditch where the front gate is. I know they have shuttles, but looking at them before, I don't think we can get up into one of them.  TIA.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

groomporter

There has been handicapped parking past the ditch just outside the old front gate for the past couple years. But I can't say how early it fills up, or how good the parking crew is about directing people to it.

Otherwise the gravel pit just next to site hasn't been actively used for a couple years now so at least the situation is no worse.

Lady L

Thank you for the info. I am trying to imagine how does one get to that area? Do they let vehicles drive down through the ditch and back up?

groomporter

There's a road that the shuttle buses take to the front gate that goes around the west end of the pit that is also gives participants' vehicle access to "A gate".

I haven't been out there yet this year, but I doubt it's changed, again I don't know how early that area fills, or how good they are about directing people to it.

Captain Jack Wolfe

Well, darn the luck. I'll miss seeing the new site. And the next four seasons at the old one. C'est la vie.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady L

Thank you for the map, Chas, that helps. I thought about calling the office, but every time I have done that in the past, they told me things that turned out not to be true, at all.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

That is good news. At least the merchants can begin to save up for the new home in 2020.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

KeithR

I've used the handicap parking the last couple of years and I'd say that if your not there by 930, you're $OL. I try to attend 2 or 3 times a season and if I get there by opening, there might be a couple of spaces left. I've ended up having to park way back beyond the pit and that way is draining on my hip & bad knees, to say the least.

Butch

I can hardly wait for opening day!