News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Carrying Personal Items While In Garb

Started by Raelyn Fey, July 05, 2016, 10:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raelyn Fey

I'm wearing a gown for the first time to faire this year and I don't know how to store my personal items (phone, keys, money, etc). I'm normally in a pirate/gypsy type garb and wear a leather belt with a tooled pouch and it looks great. That's not going to look the same in this new garb. How do you ladies carry your things? I don't have anyone to carry stuff for me, so I need to carry it myself.

isabelladangelo

A basket, a leather pouch on a belt, or a small knit bag.  I love my basket the most.  I have two - one with a shoulder strap and another that is a hand basket.  Both are great for carrying everything I need. 

Lady Renee Buchanan

I use baskets.  I have about a dozen of them, different sizes and colors.  I rotate depending upon what I'm wearing.  I even spray painted one gold and a different one black (and decorated this one with pearls) to look more "noble").

I even use with my peasant-y garb, if I got lots of stuff to lug around that day.  I keep it to 1 or 2 pouches on my belt and use the basket for the rest.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich