News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Amazing video

Started by trevor ylisaari, August 07, 2008, 08:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevor ylisaari

Axl Rosa put together this awesome slideshow.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoOnDoFE0B0

I think it does a great job of capturing the GLMF experience.

(for those that don't know who did this, she is a member of my board.
She is also the one who sometimes dresses as Axel the Sot, and has in the past also dressed as one of the Tortuga Twins)

mumsies

Great Fun! Thanks for sharing! I don't feel so guilty not bringing my camera every weekend, seeing how many wonderful photos others have posted! How can you  watch and listen  and not want to be there sharing in the experience! These will be nice to keep the memories alive after closing weekend!

anne of oaktower

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Athena

Love it! I cant believe this season is almost over.   :(
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

DuCoeur

the season just flew by...Thanks for posting that.  It was amazing...even choked up a bit at the end with the supers...
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

trevor ylisaari

Quote from: DuCoeur on August 08, 2008, 07:03:25 PM
the season just flew by...Thanks for posting that.  It was amazing...even choked up a bit at the end with the supers...

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one.

Terry Griffith

Great pics, Trev.  What I'm waiting for though is the video of the final Pub Sing in the rain.

We (the entertainers) all stood huddled under the small roof of the stage where Pub Sing was and waited.  First, the mics were taken away because they were getting wet and it was suggested that we just do Health to the Company and call it a day until someone pointed out that the crowd was not about to leave, rain or no and they were issuing a challenge to the entertainers to continue in the rain.  Everyone did their part and it was glorious.

I saw several video cameras under umbrellas so videos do exist.  I would love to see that.  I hope if anyone edits a video and posts it that they will notify someone here.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

trevor ylisaari

I know after I get caught up on stuff and real life settles back into a rut.
I will start scouring YouTube for videos from this season.
I also know of several DVDs being passed around, but I don't have copies of any of them yet, and haven't even seen them.