News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Started by Craigmeister, December 14, 2016, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Which faires are you most wanting to get back to in 2017 and why?

For me:

The Norman Medieval Faire.  I always enjoy getting back outside during the early spring and seeing Tullamore live.

The Kiefer Medieval Faire.  I am excited to see how much it grows in its second year.  Its inaugural event all came together in just a few months.  With more time for planning and advertising, it should be spectacular next September!

The Gravette Renaissance Faire.  With Steve Oler back in charge, it should be back on track and usher in many more vendors, performers and patrons.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

scarletnyx

Sherwood.

Life has been a mess lately, and by the time Sherwood is back on I will be in school. A break from a bad dream into the reality I wanna be in will be most welcome by that time! I miss the trees and sitting and people watching while smoking hookah while listening to music waft through the air.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

PollyPoPo

;)

It'll be here before you know it, Scarletnyx. 
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

RefMom3

It is Bristol's 30th anniversary this year, and it may be the things that finally pushes me to get a season pass ;) We hardly went at all last summer, and it was a very missed activity for us. I've been invited to tag along on a trip to Scarborough, but my eldest daughter and her husband are expecting their first baby sometime in April, so not only are we waiting for faire season, but we're waiting for Baby ;)

scarletnyx

Quote from: PollyPoPo on December 18, 2016, 08:12:10 AM
;)

It'll be here before you know it, Scarletnyx.

I know Ms Polly, but its so hard to wait! I've been doing more garb research/buying too, which doesn't make things any easier lol.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

KitchenWitch

Bristol. We live close. As soon. As our son is done with school, we plan on going to Michigan and Ohio since they are in cooler months. I am jonsing for the cheese fritters and the smell of the incense when we walk in.

Craigmeister

Ah, the smell of jasmine incense.  It is harder to come across around the faires in Oklahoma of late.  It used to be on a gypsy wagon at the OK Renfest by the wharf but I haven't run across it lately.  You have to stand in the right place at KCRF to get a good whiff.  No other places come to mind right now of where I have smelled it.

I definitely get into a Renfest mood when I smell jasmine.  It goes well along with a hammered dulcimer and a firing trebuchet for me to be in my happy place.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

scarletnyx

Now that Sherwood is over, I have a few weeks until I get the itch again but usually a song from faire will set it right off.

Then its a " Garb Day" around the house, inspecting all the things in our camping totes, going to the library to do research and hitting up the craft stores for more stuff.

I'm too tired right now to think about missing Sherwood, lol!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

CalledBirdy

I've been trying to get back home to Michigan for several years now. I swore this would be the year but family plans may throw my mission off kilter again. YES to the jasmine incense but also nagchampa! Owain Phyfe and crew woukd often burn a stick at the Jewel Stage. It got me hooked on that scent and to this day it still transports me... a cool breeze, clouds rolling by, low autumn light... perfection! *sigh*