News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Been gone awhile, but finally returning to TRF

Started by sloth, September 11, 2016, 10:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloth

Hey guys! So I was a dedicated Faire goer for about 10 years up until 5 years ago. 5 years ago, I joined the Peace Corps and haven't had a chance to make my way back to Texas. Until now! I'm flying down in October for a weekend and can't tell y'all how excited I am... But also apprehensive. I camped 9 of the 10 years I went to Faire and as most campers now, it's a major part of the fun and excitement and experience. I know there has been a huge amount of change in the last 5 years that I've been gone, both with the Faire itself and with the camping. I was just wondering everyone's opinions on these changes. Pros? Cons? Things I need to keep an eye out to look for or to avoid? What are some major things that maybe I should be prepared for after all this time, good and bad?

Sir Martin

Greetings, Sloth, and welcome back!  You must have had quite an experience in the Peace Corps.

I haven't camped in several years, but I have visited the campgrounds each season to visit with friends before leaving TRF for the night.  You will see many  more people camping than in previous years.  There is more security personnel on hand, but still a lot of freedom and revelry after hours.  The environment is as safe as possible, and there is a curfew on amplified music so that the ravers won't keep  everyone up all night.  There are more portapotties and even some showers available.  I'm confident you will have a great time.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: sloth on September 11, 2016, 10:37:10 AM
Hey guys! So I was a dedicated Faire goer for about 10 years up until 5 years ago. 5 years ago, I joined the Peace Corps and haven't had a chance to make my way back to Texas. Until now! I'm flying down in October for a weekend and can't tell y'all how excited I am... But also apprehensive. I camped 9 of the 10 years I went to Faire and as most campers now, it's a major part of the fun and excitement and experience. I know there has been a huge amount of change in the last 5 years that I've been gone, both with the Faire itself and with the camping. I was just wondering everyone's opinions on these changes. Pros? Cons? Things I need to keep an eye out to look for or to avoid? What are some major things that maybe I should be prepared for after all this time, good and bad?

Welcome back, sloth... :)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

sloth

Thanks, y'all. I appreciate the warm welcome back!