News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Music Fest at TRF?

Started by scarletnyx, October 01, 2016, 02:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarletnyx

I guess I'm the music fest newshound now, lol?

So I was reading KXAN today and I noticed that the people who organize ACL Fest are doing a music fest called " Middlegrounds" located in Todd Mission. The theme for the website is a medieval castle, it's in Todd Mission... My best guess is that TRF is going to, at least in part, play host to a music festival.

Here's the newslink. What think you all?
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

LadyJessica

Saw that myself...I'm glad that they will be using the grounds for other things but I can only imagine how upset the neighbors will be once it happens as I know they could hear the ravers in Magnolia one year.  Really I think it depends on what type of music they'll be playing.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

mpullen

This is just a good use of property during the off-season. Sherwood is hosting a similar event (Sound on Sound) on Nov 4-6. The Faire is renting out the property that would otherwise be not in use.

scarletnyx

Quote from: mpullen on October 19, 2016, 12:03:38 PM
This is just a good use of property during the off-season. Sherwood is hosting a similar event (Sound on Sound) on Nov 4-6. The Faire is renting out the property that would otherwise be not in use.
True. Anything that gets faire out there to new people is fine with me as long as they are respectful of the grounds.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Asger

Quote from: LadyJessica on October 02, 2016, 08:03:46 AM
Saw that myself...I'm glad that they will be using the grounds for other things but I can only imagine how upset the neighbors will be once it happens as I know they could hear the ravers in Magnolia one year.  Really I think it depends on what type of music they'll be playing.

It will be a full on 3 day rave not sure if it will be 24 hour. Insomniac has done some of the largest raves in the US.  Back in my youth I attended a few... I'm sure the neighbors will be thrilled.