News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opinions, suggestions,

Started by RoboRob, November 02, 2016, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoboRob

Hello everyone!!
Once again, Texas Renaissance Festival is in full swing.  I'm in my third year with the archer/ranger/hunter garb and attached a picture of it.  Still a working progress and would like some opinions or feedback on it.  I know I'm missing things but that's why I'm asking.   If needed, I can try and post one with hood on.
thanks everyone!

RoboRob

Here it is with hood up.  Just in case

Trillium

Looks pretty good from what I can see!  Just needs some small accessories to make it look more "lived in".  Some pouches, jewelry, maybe a horn?
Got faerie dust?

RoboRob

Thanks for that suggestion.  I was thinking of maybe going reverse next year...do a green hooded shirt with brown surcoat over it?

MonicaW52

Keep the colours as it is right now. It is a good combination and I must say that I really like it. All you need to do is to add a little details to your costume like Trillium suggested. Maybe try to add a small logo somewhere?

scarletnyx

I agree with everyone else - get thee a ring belt and buy all the pouches and things!

But I will add - after looking at your picture closely, it looks like you're wearing workboots? Footwear, to me, makes or breaks an outfit.

Boots, especially at TRF, can be kinda cheap. I got my basic boots from Renboots for about 200, and they are compfy and warm and really pull my outfits together. I would suggest looking into a pair of GOOD boots ( not Chinese knockoffs, and not ones bought offline before you can see them ) to help your outfit along.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Asger

Its a great start.  Get some accessories talisman, pouches, drinking vessel or horn.....also a ranger needs a decent close quarters weapon such as a short sword or dagger.. And I second the Boots. if you have feet of steel you can get away with cheaper  fantasy boots online. Or if you can part with your money, get some nice custom made moc's.

RoboRob

Hello everyone!! Sorry for the long hiatus.  Was involved in a car wreck that totaled my vehicle and been out of sorts since then.  Finally getting back online and I enjoyed the comments.  Yes, I did wear a pair of regular work boots that weekend; didn't have time to buy a set for the outfit.  I'll be going to Scarborough Fair here in May and looking to buy a pair there.  Another question that has popped into mind.  Would there be any reason for an archer to wear a long vest with hood in place of the surcoat I got instead?