News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New TX Renfest Cancelled By City Government Hours Before Opening

Started by Craigmeister, December 11, 2016, 11:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

The new Castlegard Renaissance Festival got screwed over by the Edinburg, Texas city government the day before it was to begin.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/renaissance-festival-canceled-hours-before-it-was-to-begin/article_c7b17a93-9cd7-5e60-bc58-fc9a4e72b01a.html

www.castlegard-fest.com

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

It certainly affected a lot of good people, but I don't think the city council is at fault here, if the news report is factual. It sounds like the festival owner/promoter royally screwed up.

I do think, however, that they may have given up an opportunity to bring revenue into the area.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

scarletnyx

I'm with Merlin on this - it sounds like the landowner was sorta in the wrong. I don't know anything going on " on the ground" as it were besides other faires taking in vendors and people who had travelled to the faire and now have limited means to get back.

Overall this does make me sad. People travelled and invested money into this in many ways. I hope, well I know, the community will bounce back from this. I hope the Valley gets their faire soon!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Craigmeister

I have been made aware by a performer that the organizer was not doing things on the "up and up" with vendors or performers.  The cancellation of this event may have been a good thing in preventing more consternation.  Hopefully, a better-organized faire will come to the area soon.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.