News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9th weekend in 2017 ??

Started by Melkar, December 23, 2016, 02:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkar

I was browsing through the TRF program and noticed a blurb about them adding a 9th weekend in 2017 with a super-heroes theme?

I know I see super-hero/ine garb out there almost every weekend, but I didn't think it was a strong enough contingent to expand up to another weekend.  I think I see more SteamPunk than super-heroes generally.
BCNU,
  Melkar

Sir Martin

I think it is to be called "Heroes and Villains" weekend.  The characters do not have to be comic book super heroes (although I'm sure there will be plenty of those in attendance).  Robin Hood, Conan the Barbarian, Valkyries, a Knight Templar, Morgan le Fay, etc., could be some of the personas that playtrons might do.  It seems fairly open to interpretation, so I'm sure there will be a lot of period (and non-period) characters.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Oh, so it's more of the "Let's milk them for everything we can before George dies"

Wonderful. >:(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

As if the milking will stop "AFTER" he dies?
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

scarletnyx

While I understand people not "liking" the idea behind this extra weekend, I'm looking at it like this -

1. More weekends for our vendors to earn more.
2. More weekends for more people to come out. Which will expose more people to faire, which is always good!
3. More time to spend with friends, new and old alike!

I get the reaction, especially to something that seems like its about cosplay, but as others have said they can dress up as any hero/villian they want.

Im excited - as someone who works weekends, I may be able to go more since I have more times I can go, if that makes sense.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

ravic

Part of the problem is that many of the vendors use that week as travel time between shows. Less travel time = less vendors.

scarletnyx

Quote from: ravic on April 19, 2017, 10:13:10 AM
Part of the problem is that many of the vendors use that week as travel time between shows. Less travel time = less vendors.

That I did not think about I will admit. Hopefully it won't affect the amount of vendors too much.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: scarletnyx on April 19, 2017, 02:38:28 PM
Quote from: ravic on April 19, 2017, 10:13:10 AM

That I did not think about I will admit. Hopefully it won't affect the amount of vendors too much.
Likely it will only affect the first weekend.  I can live with it as long as the Seadevil is open and stocked...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Terre Albert

To answer your questions on vendors.  No vendors have left based on adding an additional weekend.  Normally we have 10 vendors leave for various reasons and this year we had 2.  We are at capacity for vendors and can't add another spot.  See you in September (strange sounding)!  I love the milking comment.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God