News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Spring Castleteers

Started by Carl, February 16, 2017, 01:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

So what's the spring date? It's been awhile for me.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Jay Byrd

Yes, so Mary and I are interested.  We tried to make a previous gathering, but my vehicle wouldn't cooperate.  Let us know the dates so we can see if we can make it.

StareNorthSteve

Chiming in to stay in touch on a possible date.
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

humphrey

Carl

Can we post on Facebook about this? Is there a Facebook thread for the castleers?
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Carl on March 15, 2017, 12:22:50 PM
Can we post on Facebook about this? Is there a Facebook thread for the castleers?

I don't know of any specific Facebook page for Castleers. There is a Loveland Castle Facebook page. I got an invite from Lissa Rodgers, through the Ohio Ren Playtrons group on Facebook, for the "First Castle Day". That may just be the season opening of the castle (day stuff) whereas the castleers is the overnight group/thang! As for posting the castleers events on Facebook, I'll defer to the wisest amongst us...Humphrey?

-sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Jay Byrd

My Mary and I would like to voice our intention to attend this springs Castlteers. We will be bringing chili, unless that is someone else's yearly contribution.  We look forward to meeting you all and attending such a festive event, garbed of course.

Jay Byrd

Will Mary and I be the only persons attending?

Carl

Not many post here any more. Have some newbies coming down
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Carl

Well Blackpowder Paul is now in charge of the event. Waiting to hear confirmation on dates from him. Bueller? Bueller?
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny

Paul Blackpowder

The April 15 Castleteers has hit a little snag. Fields Ertel Rd. is closed for construction between Meijers and Rich Rd. So the parking at Meijers and using buses to shuttle patrons down to the Castle has been cancelled for this year. All parking for visitors is at the Castle. As you know, there is very limited space there during the day. Therefore, we are asking that the Castleteers look at arriving around 6PM or so on the 15th. I know that this is not the best news, but we flat out need the room for parking. It is going to be very tight for the vendors and knights working Castle Day, much less for patrons coming to visit. I do not like posting this caveat, but we have no choice.Getting casual visitors in for Castle Days, plus the chaos of vendors packing up at the end of the day will combine for a very congested parking lot. We still look forward to seeing all of you here, and hope for a good time.

StareNorthSteve

Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Paul Blackpowder

StareNorthSteve

For those of us that have never been for the afternoon festivities...what all goes on during the day?

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale