Midwest > Bristol Renaissance Faire

Faire Favors?

(1/2) > >>

lady serena:
Are people allowed to give out faire favors at Bristol? I make little leather mugs that I hand out to people and MN doesn't have any rules that I know of, but unsure of Bristol. I don't want to get kicked out of faire for handing them out.

Lady Renee Buchanan:
We've gone to Bristol for 20 years and have always given out favors and never had any trouble.

RefMom3:
I had never gotten any favors at Bristol (that seems like a very weird sentence ;), and hadn't heard about the custom until I went to the Castle in Muskogee. The first year I was there, I ended up with a bodice-full of amazing favors, most of them from the Knights of Castleton, a group of men who form an unofficial sort of welcoming committee there. I love the idea.

Lady Renee Buchanan:
We've even given favors to cast members and musicians, and they've worn them, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Gauwyn of Bracknell:

--- Quote from: RefMom3 on March 11, 2017, 10:38:29 AM ---I had never gotten any favors at Bristol (that seems like a very weird sentence ;), and hadn't heard about the custom until I went to the Castle in Muskogee. The first year I was there, I ended up with a bodice-full of amazing favors, most of them from the Knights of Castleton, a group of men who form an unofficial sort of welcoming committee there. I love the idea.

--- End quote ---

They are done quite often at all the faires we attend (6-8 a year)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version