News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King Henry VIII

Started by dbaldock, March 31, 2017, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbaldock

Apparently, King Henry VIII has been let go, just before the 2017 Scarby season opens.   :o
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

BLAKDUKE

any reason given as to why???????????????????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

dbaldock

The actor did offer an explanation on his Facebook page.
I have not seen any official word from the faire.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

BLAKDUKE

Well  I don't know the persons name and I don't do facebook sooo....................

KeeperoftheBar

His name was Richard Patterson and he was absolutely the best Henry VIII I ever saw.   In all my visits to the Village of Scarborough, I only was spoken to by him once.  He gave permission for me to touch Miguel.  Truly a magical day.
You shall be missed and never replaced.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Lady Renee Buchanan

He was wonderful when we visited Scarby for the Forum's RenDezvous.  So sorry he's gone.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

VIII

Yes, they fired me, predicated by the biggest lie you've ever heard. I'm talking politician-level lying.
22 1/2 years as King Henry VIII, 29 Years on-cast, shot to hell.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

scarletnyx

Thats terrible... No wonder I haven't really seen anything from Scarby this season.

This will come back to bite them in the end, don't you worry.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

BLAKDUKE

My friend

If the portrayal of royalty is still in your blood you might want to consider smaller less lengthy Faires.  That was the route that I chose.  After 9 years at a faire in the south.  I was not usurped
I abdicated.  A couple of years later I landed a gig at a smaller faire much further south and stayed with it for 15 years until physical difficulties caused me to abdicate once again.  I can only visit a faire now but I had a ball when I could perform. Give it some thought. 

Faire well.

The BLAKDUKE AKA KING ALLYN THE ONLY

Elkyn

Quote from: VIII on May 02, 2017, 12:05:20 PM
Yes, they fired me, predicated by the biggest lie you've ever heard. I'm talking politician-level lying.
22 1/2 years as King Henry VIII, 29 Years on-cast, shot to hell.

And I was so sorry to hear of that. We only made it out to Scarby once this year but, speaking for myself, your presence was missed. I too have been in the unenviable position of being summarily, and in my opinion, unjustly dismissed from a job in recent years and I can honestly say I know how you feel. However, in my case, in the end it worked out very well for me as it freed me up to pursue other open doors. As they say, living well is the best revenge. Though I never had the opportunity to get to know you on a personal level, I always found your portrayal of King Henry VIII to be very entertaining. It's my sincerest hope that things will work out well for you too.
Texas is a big state and there have been a number of fine faires that have popped up in the last several years so perhaps in our travels we'll see you around.  8)

VIII

The worst part? They also fired my wife, Susan, Archduchess Sabine, for no reason!
After confirming that she was good to go for the season, they called her back the next day to let her go.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

BLAKDUKE

sounds like a very unprofessional group....