Author Topic: Let The Countdown Begin!  (Read 519578 times)

Offline Laird Fraser of Lovatt

• R/F.com Member
  • The more the mischef, the better the sport...
Re: Let The Countdown Begin!
« Reply #17250 on: November 27, 2017, 09:30:30 AM »
I heard several shops hocking that this was their last year and they were trying to clear inventory. >:(

My question...is there a "happy place" between Renaissance Festival and Fantasy Fleamarket?

I've never heard so many employees not even try to sound like they were in character...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Offline KeeperoftheBar

• R/F.com Member
  • Rider of Sir StudMuffin, a noble steed
Re: Let The Countdown Begin!
« Reply #17251 on: November 27, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
Well...another season is over.  >:(

I left faire, yesterday, a very unhappy camper.  Sullen employees...food prices through the roof...and crowded to the point that i was getting twitchy. >:(

I couldn't even enjoy the fact that I had a first time garber and a faire virgin with me... >:(

By the time I ran across my friends...outside of the Sea Devil, of course...I was ready to shake a few hands, hug a couple and get the H ell out of there.

StudMuffin & I went on Black Friday and the Beefeaters say there were 31,000 people there but it didn't seem that bad to me.  Almost 36K on Sunday.  Sorry I missed you Fraser but I never go on the last day.  They always run out of all the good beer.

I have found it helps to get there VERY early.  Between 9 and 10 the old magic reappears in the near empty lanes.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us