News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

WWW...2017...Still going strong!!

Started by LadyJessica, April 22, 2017, 08:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrcoolt

Order of Comrades will be there at least twice this year. There will be at least 8 of us on Pirate Adventure and Heroes and Villains. The wife and I will probably do a day trip for Celtic Christmas. We normally camp in area 10, so come say hello!

LadyJessica

***UPDATED TO HERE***

Gone are the days where I'd come back to a full page of posts overnight.  :'(
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Blood Raven

Anyway you can update the map? They have made some changes to the campgrounds like clearing of trees and forest areas.
We are the ones of the Night

KiltedPrivateer

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the map is out of date. Not sure however when I'll have an opportunity to update it. Since we don't camp at TRF anymore it is unlikely that I'll see the grounds first hand. If anyone is interested in taking over map duties I can make the files available. I use Gimp as my editor which means any graphics program should be adequate.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

*Waiting on Open House to see if they put RV pads where we normally camp...*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

The new map is posted on the website.  The RV pads look awfully close to where several clans camp.  And close to where we like to camp...  Hopefully it will be more clear once some of y'all make it out to the open house.
Got faerie dust?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Trillium on September 18, 2017, 10:59:15 AM
The new map is posted on the website.  The RV pads look awfully close to where several clans camp.  And close to where we like to camp...  Hopefully it will be more clear once some of y'all make it out to the open house.

Actually the symbol is a bit north of Camp Fred...we...McShug, Bayou, and PR are on the other side of the access road BUT we won't know for sure until Saturday.  Our camp is in the corner formed by the access road and the fire road, with Bayou and PR spreading out from our borders to and along the bottom of the "horseshoe".  I'm hoping it more in 1A as apposed to 1B

They opened some new space in 1C...which might be somewhere to migrate to if concrete has been laid in our area.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyJessica

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on September 17, 2017, 04:54:25 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the map is out of date. Not sure however when I'll have an opportunity to update it. Since we don't camp at TRF anymore it is unlikely that I'll see the grounds first hand. If anyone is interested in taking over map duties I can make the files available. I use Gimp as my editor which means any graphics program should be adequate.

AS I don't know how to edit photos/files well if anyone wants to update the map and send me the link I'll change it out.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

KiltedPrivateer

Just saw a post on FB that had the official TRF map. Some adventurous soul may want to take that map and add the clans to it.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Dang it...I can't make the Open House. >:(

I completely forgot about my daughter's B-Day cookout... :-[
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyJessica

The RV Pad sites are just off the horseshoe closest to faire and includes the road that was there so you can't drive thru that area anymore.  (The other reference would be if you're driveing downt he blacktop between the rows and camping you can't make that right/left s onto the horseshoe.)
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: LadyJessica on September 24, 2017, 09:43:13 AM
The RV Pad sites are just off the horseshoe closest to faire and includes the road that was there so you can't drive thru that area anymore.  (The other reference would be if you're driveing downt he blacktop between the rows and camping you can't make that right/left s onto the horseshoe.)

So down the hill, over the hill and through the woods...to our camping spot we go...

*Not that I mind...less "night stalkers" ;)*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

I understand that Phoenix Risen has moved back to inside the old horseshoe area, just accross the road from where we were last year.  Back to the area where we had been in the years prior to last.
And I sure hope they put a handicapped port-a-privy at that end of the campground.  It was a long ride last year after celebrating too much to the nearest one.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on September 25, 2017, 06:44:54 AM
I understand that Phoenix Risen has moved back to inside the old horseshoe area, just accross the road from where we were last year.  Back to the area where we had been in the years prior to last.
And I sure hope they put a handicapped port-a-privy at that end of the campground.  It was a long ride last year after celebrating too much to the nearest one.

At least they didn't bring back the "Vertigo Loo" from the year before.  That dang thing was scary...as soon as you shut the door, you swore to God that either it was going to fall over or you were...

We'll be in a nice cul de sac...you could call our collective clans "The Dead End Gang"... ;D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

jrcoolt

Does anyone know where they cleared out trees? We usually camp in Area 10, and I like that spot because of the tree cover and the tree wall in the back.