News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Peacock Pirate - need help with small details.

Started by AutumnMarie, August 04, 2017, 02:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutumnMarie

My name, Autumn Marie. Autumn for the day I was born. The day when night and day are equal in parts. Marie for the virgin whose constellation was last seen for the year on the horizon on the morning of. I am a woman who loves the sea, as did my father before me. I drop anchor on the north side of a place simply known as The Coves. Me first mate be One Eyed Jack, his main job is to guard the ship and pest control (catch the flies). Pssst... he's a cat. My ship is magnificently beautiful. She has gorgeous earth green sails, and at her prow, a peacock's head with stunning blue sapphires that adorn the crown that can be seen shining from miles away. Like the peacock, She commands respect, as do I. I do not "steal". Treasures and valuables are simply "given" to me! Also like the peacock, I love to flaunt my style. My outfit matches that of a peacocks colors. My shirt is a sage earthy green with a black velvet vest with buttons of gold. My pants and boots are also black with green ribbon lace that matches the shirt, and a plum colored scarf at my belt. My hat is adorned with ribbon and peacock feathers of green, blue, and purple. Around my neck, a plum colored pearl necklace and bright blue crystal points that I've gotten from the cave in which I hide me booty. I carry a small leather pouch over my shoulder in which I keep my green velvet coin bag, my pewter drinking chalice, and other valuables.

What is my reasoning for such elaborate garb and jewels. Well, my goal is the same as a peacock's of course. To attract a mate. I'm looking for someone to share in a lifetime adventure.

Ok. Story time aside for the moment, here's where I need a little help.
- I can't decide what kind of hat to wear. A tricorn or cavalier style? I have the base 
   for both
- I NEED A SHIP NAME!!
  I can't decide on a name. The only thing I know I want is for the words "Proud" or 
  "Pride" to be in it. Here's a few names that I've come up with, but any suggestions
   would be helpful:
   - Plumage's Pride
   - The Proud Plunderer (seems a bit condescending)
   - The Proud Jewel
   - The Proud Jewel of the Sea (too long?)
   - Ocean's Pride
   - Peacock's Proud Jewel

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

JW1986

I like your idea! If your questions are still without answer, maybe I could help. I have some ship name ideas for you:
- Waves Pride
- The Winged Ocean's Pride
- The Proud Flight
but I also like Peacock's Proud Jewel you suggested.

Lady Christina de Pond

I like the proud jewel

My hat is a cavalier's I did it my self and love it. Also the cavalier's hat has a nice brim when it's extra sunny.
Also check out eBay on the days you want to look more feminine there is a 25 yard skirt that is green at the top and is blue at the bottom. I have one
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

hmmm.... Autumns pride ... proud jewel is good too..
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Capt Spleen

Prides Sail
Proud Sailz/s
Seven Seas Pride
Seven Seas Proud
Make Proud Way
Prowess' Pride
Pirates Pride
Pyrates Pryde
Pride Open
Art of Pride
Art of the Pride
Peacocks Pride
Sullied Pride
Dark Pride

anne of oaktower

Sooooo...what name did you settle on for your fine sea-going vessel?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."