News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

new tent and cabin rentals!

Started by Trillium, July 17, 2017, 06:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

This was posted on FB today.  Out of my price range (not that it takes much to be...) but many seemed interested.

Introducing TRF Cabins!!!!
Cabins (Located in Family Camping):
• Total of Five (5) units available each weekend
• $450 for two-nights
• Additional fee for additional nights
• Comes with Power, Lighting and AC
• Two Cots and a night stand, encourage to bring own bedding and pillow
• Locking doors and windows, Parking Spot
• Private Portable Bathroom
Included if booked by Tuesday the weekend you want to attend:
o 20 Shower Tokens
o Entry to Campground for one car
o Free Shuttle Service

TRF Introduces VIP Camping Tents. 50 total tents will be available & Reservations will begin August 1st. Additional Info below.
VIP Tents (Located in Main Camping): Max of Fifty (50) units available each weekend
Bed Tents
• $360 Queen/Two Twin Beds, Tent for two-nights
• Comes with table, 2 chairs, lighting, and rug
• Attendant for check-in service
• Private Parking Spot
o 20 Shower Tokens
o Free Shuttle Service
Cot Tents
• $320 2 – 4 Cots for two-nights
• Comes with table, lighting, and rug (Based on number of Cots)
• Attendant for check-in service
• Private Parking Spot
o 20 Shower Tokens
o Free Shuttle Service
Got faerie dust?

scarletnyx

Like, I'm happy that they're expanding and that more people are coming out... But I do sort of agree with some other posters on FB that are drawing parallels between what TRF is doing now, and Middlefaire. I'm kinda feeling  not welcome at TRF for a better word - but I'm sure that'll change tomorrow as I try to figure out how I feel about this.

I want to love TRF, I really do, and we still go this year... But we're definitely cutting back.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: scarletnyx on July 18, 2017, 12:12:08 AM
Like, I'm happy that they're expanding and that more people are coming out... But I do sort of agree with some other posters on FB that are drawing parallels between what TRF is doing now, and Middlefaire. I'm kinda feeling  not welcome at TRF for a better word - but I'm sure that'll change tomorrow as I try to figure out how I feel about this.

I want to love TRF, I really do, and we still go this year... But we're definitely cutting back.

I used to be a four or five times a season, person.  I only go AHE and camp...I don't go inside unless the wife shows up or I do a day trip for Celtic Christmas.

I understand the "not welcome" feeling.  I used to look forward to walking through the gates and feeling like i was coming Home...that feeling has faded the last three or four years. :'(  I camp AHE because it's the only time all my favorite people are in the same place, at the same time.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

I think TRF is just trying to expand their appeal to a larger market, while still meeting the demands of their die-hard camping fans.  As Terre said on FB, they are putting these cabins and tents in areas that were little used previously.

I admit, the feeling inside the gates has changed over the last 25+ years I have been attending TRF.  But I am not sure it is totally TRF that has changed.  Part of it is me and my perception.  Admittedly, there used to be more open space that is now filled with money making venues.  There used to be more little things that were fun to notice, like some of the headstones in the old cemetary behind the church, the old cursing well and even the battlemound.  Luckily, while things change, the people I go to see stay the same (except for those who have passed on).  So I will continue to attend, maybe for another 25+ years. 

StudMuffin goes for the Babes...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

*They need to expand the interior...*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

I believe they are expanding the actual faire grounds also, not sure that it will be ready this year though... Hopefully Terre can enlighten us?
Got faerie dust?

RenStarr

As time goes by, the only thing that remains the same is change.  Some change is good, some change just sucks.  I've been going to TRF since the late 80's and I certainly could name more then a few things that I do miss.  It is a business and with most businesses, if they aren't growing they're dying.  I get that part, but doesn't mean I like it.  I just wish that some of the vendors and products that those vendors bring in with them to sell wasn't of the cheap junk variety.  At the same time those items can and do appeal to the danes that come out for one day per season and pay full price at the gate.  It's an opportunity to make a difference in the bottom line for future improvements.  Once again, I don't like seeing the danes walking around with that junk because it's another distraction that takes away from the illusion.  And we all know the danes aren't buying many tickets during that one Saturday in May at a significant reduction almost 6 months prior to Faire.       

One thing that has changed at TRF that I don't like has nothing to do with the management.  It's a "Renaissance Festival" not a Comic Con for crying out loud.  Once again some of the stuff that people wear detracts from "the feel" or what I refer to as the illusion in my opinion.  I know some will disagree and that's ok, but that's a difference in the last 10 - 15 years that people that walk in the gate have brought in with them.  Storm Troopers and Super Hero's just look way out of place and just make me go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In regards to the campground.  I like the change that was made that required people to have a ticket to Faire with them or they are required to buy a ticket to Faire at that time before they could buy a weekend camping pass.  There was far too many "hell raisers" out for the weekend to party all night long, makes lots of noise with no intention of going into Faire.  I've never understood the whole "After Dark" thing.  Much too expensive for something at the end of a long day for most folks.  Reminds me of the old saying: trying to put lipstick on a pig.  Just doesn't work for me and most folks that I know.  I've noticed that what ever theme they come up with, it hasn't carred over to the next season.  IE.....it isn't really working.  Now the cabins and tents.  Look really nice and I'm sure there will be some that take advantage of the new addition.  But once again, the cost for a weekend is going to be prohibitive for most folks.     

Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

As you say, Renstarr, change can be good or bad.  I understand this from a business standpoint as well.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with physical changes at TRF...aka, nothing that Terre has done.  He was hired to make a profit and he's doing his job.  What I'm saying is that the "soul" of it feels like it has faded...kind of like walking into a forest, that used to be full of life, and you are greeted with silence.  Like an old friend that used to greet you with a warm smile and a hearty hug, now greets you with a fake smile and a cold handshake.

Camp is camp...as long as we all can get our multiple gangs together, down in "The Negatives", I'm fine.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

RenStarr

Fraser, it's hard to put into words but I know what ya mean going thru the gate.  Something just isn't the same.  Fortunately around camp by a fire among friends with something good to drink is still real good!  Keeper and I will be in PR camp as usual on AHE so swing by and say hello.  We'll rustle up a drink and a chair for ya to boot.  Our little joke is that we're the charter members of the old farts club within the clan.  Always a good time. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Hector_

It's like what used to be a group niche has become the popular thing. You get lost in the crowd "where everybody knows your name" and becomes, "who are you, again?"
Yup, I get it. For example, A certain "singing" Spanish Conquistador was mentioned in Facebook, somebody wondering what happened to him. And I replied that I have seen him around, th flashiness of his awesome armour just goes unnoticed nowadays due to being drowned in the sea of mundanes, and as mentioned, Stormtroopers and Waldo's.
And it's ok, so long as we have the Sea Devil'sand our own Clan family sites. Add to that scheduled meet and greets at Barbarian inn, meeting new people.
What used to be people watching of playtrons, has now become playtrons people watching mundanes. I challenge you to think of it this way: Who are these outsiders and how many can we get to assimilate and become "one of us"? The torch must be, not only passed on, but used to light new ones for the love of faire.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Hector_ on July 21, 2017, 10:02:59 AM
It's like what used to be a group niche has become the popular thing. You get lost in the crowd "where everybody knows your name" and becomes, "who are you, again?"
Yup, I get it. For example, A certain "singing" Spanish Conquistador was mentioned in Facebook, somebody wondering what happened to him. And I replied that I have seen him around, th flashiness of his awesome armour just goes unnoticed nowadays due to being drowned in the sea of mundanes, and as mentioned, Stormtroopers and Waldo's.
And it's ok, so long as we have the Sea Devil'sand our own Clan family sites. Add to that scheduled meet and greets at Barbarian inn, meeting new people.
What used to be people watching of playtrons, has now become playtrons people watching mundanes. I challenge you to think of it this way: Who are these outsiders and how many can we get to assimilate and become "one of us"? The torch must be, not only passed on, but used to light new ones for the love of faire.

You have the soul of  a poet, my friend.  You deserve a stout drink for that. ;)
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

NugBlazer

Just got back from camping in a VIP tent for AHE weekend, and I thought I'd post a review to benefit others wondering if they're worth it or not.

We did rent one of the VIP tents, and we thought it was decent and worth the money.  Not an "OMG what a steal" value, but fair, I'd say.  The tents themselves are the type with a pole in the middle, which means they are VERY sturdy against the wind, which was good, because Friday night the wind was whipping a good 20MPH and temps dropped to the 30's!  Outside, the wind was HOWLING, but inside the tent you could've lit a candle if you wanted.  As far as the extras, they give you plenty of shower tokens, we only used about 70% of them.  They also give you a TON of shuttle tickets so you never have to walk to Fest if you don't want to.  We didn't even use half of what they allotted us.  And, you can call the shuttle and it picks you up within a five minutes.  Sometimes, we'd take it to Fest, other times, we'd take it to a clan's site... it was sorta like Uber for Fest!  Another cool thing is that all the VIP tents surround a huge fire pit, easily as big as the Main Bonfire.  Saturday night, one of the VIP'ers loaded that sucker up with wood and got a huge fire going, and lots of VIP'ers gathered around it and hung out and formed a sort of informal clan.  (We should've called it the VIP Clan!)  Within 20 minutes of settling into our tent, we sauntered over to one of our VIP neighbors and made instant friends.  The only negatives was that the bed (which was quite comfy) only had two small blankets.  For normal weather, this could work, but, for cold night like we had it wasn't NEARLY enough.  Luckily one of the friendly VIP'ers had extra blankets and they hooked us up and all was well.
Well met!  Shall we commence a Safety Meeting at once?

KiltedPrivateer

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara