South > Texas Renaissance Festival

new tent and cabin rentals!

(1/3) > >>

Trillium:
This was posted on FB today.  Out of my price range (not that it takes much to be...) but many seemed interested.

Introducing TRF Cabins!!!!
Cabins (Located in Family Camping):
• Total of Five (5) units available each weekend
• $450 for two-nights
• Additional fee for additional nights
• Comes with Power, Lighting and AC
• Two Cots and a night stand, encourage to bring own bedding and pillow
• Locking doors and windows, Parking Spot
• Private Portable Bathroom
Included if booked by Tuesday the weekend you want to attend:
o 20 Shower Tokens
o Entry to Campground for one car
o Free Shuttle Service

TRF Introduces VIP Camping Tents. 50 total tents will be available & Reservations will begin August 1st. Additional Info below.
VIP Tents (Located in Main Camping): Max of Fifty (50) units available each weekend
Bed Tents
• $360 Queen/Two Twin Beds, Tent for two-nights
• Comes with table, 2 chairs, lighting, and rug
• Attendant for check-in service
• Private Parking Spot
o 20 Shower Tokens
o Free Shuttle Service
Cot Tents
• $320 2 – 4 Cots for two-nights
• Comes with table, lighting, and rug (Based on number of Cots)
• Attendant for check-in service
• Private Parking Spot
o 20 Shower Tokens
o Free Shuttle Service

scarletnyx:
Like, I'm happy that they're expanding and that more people are coming out... But I do sort of agree with some other posters on FB that are drawing parallels between what TRF is doing now, and Middlefaire. I'm kinda feeling  not welcome at TRF for a better word - but I'm sure that'll change tomorrow as I try to figure out how I feel about this.

I want to love TRF, I really do, and we still go this year... But we're definitely cutting back.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt:

--- Quote from: scarletnyx on July 18, 2017, 12:12:08 AM ---Like, I'm happy that they're expanding and that more people are coming out... But I do sort of agree with some other posters on FB that are drawing parallels between what TRF is doing now, and Middlefaire. I'm kinda feeling  not welcome at TRF for a better word - but I'm sure that'll change tomorrow as I try to figure out how I feel about this.

I want to love TRF, I really do, and we still go this year... But we're definitely cutting back.

--- End quote ---

I used to be a four or five times a season, person.  I only go AHE and camp...I don't go inside unless the wife shows up or I do a day trip for Celtic Christmas.

I understand the "not welcome" feeling.  I used to look forward to walking through the gates and feeling like i was coming Home...that feeling has faded the last three or four years. :'(  I camp AHE because it's the only time all my favorite people are in the same place, at the same time.

KeeperoftheBar:
I think TRF is just trying to expand their appeal to a larger market, while still meeting the demands of their die-hard camping fans.  As Terre said on FB, they are putting these cabins and tents in areas that were little used previously.

I admit, the feeling inside the gates has changed over the last 25+ years I have been attending TRF.  But I am not sure it is totally TRF that has changed.  Part of it is me and my perception.  Admittedly, there used to be more open space that is now filled with money making venues.  There used to be more little things that were fun to notice, like some of the headstones in the old cemetary behind the church, the old cursing well and even the battlemound.  Luckily, while things change, the people I go to see stay the same (except for those who have passed on).  So I will continue to attend, maybe for another 25+ years. 

StudMuffin goes for the Babes...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt:
*They need to expand the interior...*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version