News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Alcohol rules enforcement at TRF

Started by Sir Martin, September 07, 2017, 10:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Martin

I saw a post from Terre on the Book of Faces, that stated the rules regarding alcohol will be enforced more strictly than in the past.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind that I made a screen shot to share with you all.  I'm making no judgement  ... I've never brought alcohol into or out of the gate at TRF, but I suppose that is mainly because I haven't made my own Loki.  I have indeed sampled some loki inside the gates, some of it from at least three members here.   :)

We all know that people have brought some liquid goodies into TRF for decades, but it has long been one of those things about faire that was largely unspoken.  One must assume that by wearing a flask (or one of the pretty colored corked bottles the ladies favor), fairegoers will almost certainly be targeted for a search.  I don't think I've ever been in the Sea Devil where multitudes of folks were not wearing some sort of vessel.  I understand this is a liability issue, so with the record crowds there is an increased chance of someone doing something stupid and TRF being blamed.  Still kinda sad though, for those who have partaken in a responsible manner over the years.

Trillium

I always thought this was standard...You aren't supposed to bring it in, if you are caught, you will have to dispose of it.  The caveat being "if you are caught..."
I do have a question, if Terre makes it to this post.  I know if you have an open drink, you can't leave with it.  What about a bottle of mead or wine?  And can we leave with an unopened bottle if we wanted to take it home or to camp for a later time?  Finding good mead is difficult for me down here...
Also a suggestion...it would be wonderful if TRF would have recycling bins for all the plastic soda and water bottles, beer cans, and glass bottles.  Sure, not everyone would use them, but a lot of us would!
Got faerie dust?

Sir Martin

Quote from: Trillium on September 09, 2017, 11:15:24 AM
I always thought this was standard...You aren't supposed to bring it in, if you are caught, you will have to dispose of it.  The caveat being "if you are caught..."
I do have a question, if Terre makes it to this post.  I know if you have an open drink, you can't leave with it.  What about a bottle of mead or wine?  And can we leave with an unopened bottle if we wanted to take it home or to camp for a later time?  Finding good mead is difficult for me down here...
Also a suggestion...it would be wonderful if TRF would have recycling bins for all the plastic soda and water bottles, beer cans, and glass bottles.  Sure, not everyone would use them, but a lot of us would!

I'm pretty sure that if you have bought a bottle of mead or wine and it is unopened, you can leave with it.   

Terre Albert

Bottles can we recorked and you can leave with them. 

Trillium

Thank you Terre!  That was what I assumed but you know what they say about assuming....   I wouldn't normally buy a bottle and open it unless I was planning to camp anyway, but its good to know the rules!
Got faerie dust?

Sir Martin