News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shoes to wear with outfit?

Started by Aleena, September 11, 2017, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleena

Hello! I'm attending the Maryland Renaissance Fair next weekend, and I have made myself a bodice to wear over a chemise and skirt, but I realized I don't know what shoes I should wear! My outfit is not really historically accurate, but it'll be thrown off if I wear shoes that are outrageously modern. I have a pair of faux leather flats that might be the most appropriate, but if anyone has any suggestions I will greatly appreciate it! I would prefer not to spend much money!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Mary Janes in a dark color will be fine, or if you have boots with low heels, wear them.  You will be on your feet walking for a long time, probably on pebbles, stones, and tree roots, so you need to be comfortable or you will get blisters and/or ache.  No one has fun with sore feet. 

When you get to the faire, take a look at the foot ware vendors.  Not saying you have to buy them at the moment, because they usually are rather expensive, but if you plan to go a lot, it is worth it to save up for a good pair of shoes.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Renee Buchanan

Also, in this Garbing section, at the top, there is a thread about footware for women.  I suggest reading that before future trips to the faire.  Very good suggestions from members.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Aleena

Thanks! I'll probably go for some boots I have.

I did go through the footwear for women thread but it was largely links to purchase period footwear, which I don't want to invest in at this point :)