News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Royal Chef Showdown

Started by Endestroy, October 06, 2017, 10:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endestroy

Did they ever announce who won the Royal Chef Showdown this past Saturday? I never saw anything and was interested in what new treat we'd get to try for the rest of the season. Any idea which booths will be selling it?

Sir Martin

I heard about the contest but didn't see the announcement of the winner.  The FB site has so many people on it, and the threads are not titled or organized, so it is extremely hard to keep up with everything.  I don't think anyone can keep up with 500+ messages per day.  I suggest you try to use the search function, but even that is a bit iffy.   FB is very popular, but they don't let you use your faire name either.  I know people who have had their accounts suspended until they sent a copy of their drivers license to FB admins and then changed their name to match the name on their license.  You are allowed to create an account under your faire name and designate the account as a "fictional character" or "public figure" but requires a separate log in.  Pain in the butt, but that's just my two cents.   :)

Endestroy

FYI I just spoke with them - winning dish not yet decided and won't be available until next year.

Terre Albert

Hurricane Harvey made us cancel but it will be rescheduled and the winning dish will be added ASAP.