News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding at Faire

Started by lmu1960, November 01, 2017, 11:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmu1960

Our son and daughter in law will be bringing their 3 month old son to the Faire.  Any tips for her breastfeeding?  Are there any vendors or places that accommodate nursing moms?

Breandan

generally the issue is going to be more with the beer-and-tatas guys that show up (i.e., the patrons TRF could sorely do without), so anyplace with a lack of those types should be safe. I've seen more than a few women breastfeeding at the Barbarian Inn (upstairs where it's quieter) and in some of the gardens when they're quiet, and I'm sure there are other areas that will work well. Like I said, rennies aren't likely to have any issues with it, so aim for the places with people in garb.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Capt Falstaff

Check with the information booth. They have a room backstage they have been know to let nursing mothers use.

lmu1960

Thank you for the suggestions!  We look forward to our first grandchild's first visit to Renfest. :)   

Lady Renee Buchanan

Unfortunately, due to health issues, I have visited the First Aid area in most of the bigger faires I've gone to.  They are usually behind the scenes, and very nicely appointed.  In the hot summer, they've got AC.  Some have inside areas with comfortable chairs, and others have outside garden seating for the person's partner to wait.  I'm sure any First Aid would be accommodating.  The people who go there usually go because they're overheated or something minor, so it's not like you will be exposing the baby to lots of germs.  If you can't find anywhere else, or if you feel comfortable breast feeding in the middle of the faire, that might be an option.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich