News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Extended weather forcast

Started by Lord Figaro, August 08, 2008, 06:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: der idee_mann on September 14, 2008, 09:28:13 PM
It is amazing how many stuck it out even with all the rain, lakes, and rivers ... MNRF diehards rock!
Yeah, Saturday was amazingly busy despite the inclement weather. Woot!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Despite the sputtering day that was Sunday, the Earl amd O trodded thru the mud.

Finally met Muffin, Koz(Mad Irish), and Peggy Elizabeth.  You are great guys!!!  Thank you for your welcomes and friendship. That means a lot to me.

]Hopefully Festival Friday(26 Sept) will be more cooperative for a better day of festing and feasting..
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

peggyelizabeth

I think I'm still cold from Sunday!
I loved meeting Lady Kathleen in person, but the hems of my gowns sure took a beating yesterday.

Muffin

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on September 15, 2008, 02:22:15 PM
Despite the sputtering day that was Sunday, the Earl amd O trodded thru the mud.

Finally met Muffin, Koz(Mad Irish), and Peggy Elizabeth.  You are great guys!!!  Thank you for your welcomes and friendship. That means a lot to me.

]Hopefully Festival Friday(26 Sept) will be more cooperative for a better day of festing and feasting..

Was great meeting you Lady Kathleen!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

You are welcomed, Muffin!!!

Peggy!!  The hem on my gown is going to take a while to clean as well before I wear it again. It got hit with mud big time.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

groomporter

What to do on slow, rainy days...

Collating our period playing card decks. One of the guys who works for us built some boxes to hold the individual stacks of cards to help assemble the decks
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DeadBishop

Wait.....you get the cards unsorted?  Would give a whole new meaning to "52 card pickup" if you dropped that box... :P

R/F.com member since 2003

groomporter

Well, not "unsorted" so much as un-assembled, each card is bundled in its own stack. We would have to pay our printer by the hour to get them already collated since they don't have the machinery to collate the decks that is used by the huge manufacturers of modern playing cards.

That's what makes these collating boxes so great. They have a slide-in cover to protect them and keep them in. Previously were were using the lids of the the kind of boxes that reams of copier paper comes in and the cards would slide around when we moved the box lids. Fortunately I also realized the old portable folding drawing table I had was just perfect to set the box on at a convenient angle.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Will Gamwell

For This weekend - 9/20 & 9/21

Saturday 9/20:  
Partly Cloudy/Mostly Sunny
High:  79
Low:  55

Sunday 9/21:
Partly Cloudy
High:  77
Low:  57

Kiss-me-Kate

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Random Girl

THURSDAY NIGHT-Only relevant for me
Low: 59 °F RealFeel®: 56 °F
Patchy clouds and breezy

FRIDAY DAY
High: 84 °F RealFeel®: 82 °F
Partly sunny, breezy and very warm

FRIDAY NIGHT
Low: 60 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
Becoming cloudy, breezy and mild with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm late

SATURDAY DAY
High: 75 °F RealFeel®: 75 °F
Clouds and sun; warm in the afternoon

SATURDAY NIGHT
Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 48 °F
Mainly clear

SUNDAY DAY
High: 70 °F RealFeel®: 70 °F
Pleasant with sun and clouds

SUNDAY NIGHT
Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 48 °F
Mostly cloudy with a passing shower or two

MONDAY DAY -Again mostly relevant for me.
High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 66 °F
Sun and clouds with a shower possible
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Charlotte Rowan

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Sitara

Yay for decent weather!  I am also heading out there tonight and will be staying until Monday.  Was just gonna go check the weather after I was here but now I don't need to.   Sarah should be picking me up in about 3 hours.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!