News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone else getting excited?

Started by Lady Celynn, August 08, 2008, 09:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuCoeur

Three more Days!  Are you ready?  Garb picked out?

I am not debuting anything new, but I may still have a few combo's no one has seen yet...

Are the coolers packed?   Exact change ready for the turn pike?  Going to get my BOGO's at Wendy's tomorrow...

Heard from Meredith.  She is getting the pub ready for us, so We can not let her down....

See you on Saturday
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lady Celynn

I know Rick and I are really excited and looking forward to seeing our Renn family and friends.  We're also looking forward to all the new and exciting changes...after all you change or die....so I'll take change.  With all our friends and the fun entertainment  how could we help but have a wonderfull time. 

anne of oaktower

I'll be there, too!   ;D      ~Look for me at Morgan's Bounty~
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Caroline

Quote from: anne of oaktower on August 21, 2008, 07:47:02 AM

Anne, how long does it take you to get there, once you cross the border? I'm trying to see if this one is closer for me, than the Ohio one....

TiaLD77

Quote from: Lady Caroline on August 21, 2008, 08:04:18 AM

Anne, how long does it take you to get there, once you cross the border? I'm trying to see if this one is closer for me, than the Ohio one....

wich area of the Border OH or MD? Anne & I both live aprox 1 hour &1/2 away from the faire, its actually a litle closer for Anne since she is a bit south of me.
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

TiaLD77

SO, Brad & I will be in for opening day, some of you we got to meet at Winter Renstock but we havent really met any of you at "faire" Is there a secret handshake or anything we need to know about.... Or do we just come to the Pub and pounce on anyone who looks vaugely familiar?

mumsies

Come to the pub and pounce! You are sure to find yourself among friends! Looking forward to catching up with everyone soon!

Terry Griffith

Pouncing is good  but wear your R/F pin and other forum people will approach you.  I haven't seen any mention of the pins this season but everyone should wear theirs and you will have immediate friends.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

Lady Caroline, if you're on the turnpike, it will take less than 90 minutes.  You take exit 75, then it's only 6 miles on I-70.  That's 81 miles. 

You can use Google maps for this address:

112 Renaissance Lane
West Newton, PA  15089

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

TiaLD77

Quote from: Terry Griffith on August 21, 2008, 09:08:39 AM
Pouncing is good  but wear your R/F pin and other forum people will approach you.  I haven't seen any mention of the pins this season but everyone should wear theirs and you will have immediate friends.

*wails*
I dont have an R/F Pin yet!!!!....I knew there was somethgin I was supposed to do before opening.......so Pouncing it will have to be!

Dev

I plan to go this saturday (bringing my friend Mark), the weekend of september 6th/7th (bringing my boyfriend for the romance theme), and one of the days of the closing weekend (my other friend, Paul...i'm going to start a tradition of going with him on the last weekend).

Scarlett

Ok, now I'm getting excited!  I have my garb selected and will be debuting all new pieces, lest the accessories.  Getting the cooler ready, the ren-mobile gassed up, etc.  Tomorrow will be a flurry of activity with my preparations.  Then, a Tylenol PM to help me sleep.  Otherwise, I'd be too excited to sleep at all!

See you all soon!!!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

anne of oaktower

I'm actually about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away, depending on the traffic.  No borders for me to cross - I live in western PA.  It takes me a little longer than that (20 - 40 min., again depending on the traffic) to get to GLMF.

anne of oaktower

Quote from: TiaLD77 on August 21, 2008, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: Terry Griffith on August 21, 2008, 09:08:39 AM
Pouncing is good  but wear your R/F pin and other forum people will approach you.  I haven't seen any mention of the pins this season but everyone should wear theirs and you will have immediate friends.

*wails*
I dont have an R/F Pin yet!!!!....I knew there was somethgin I was supposed to do before opening.......so Pouncing it will have to be!

Don't feel bad.  I don't have my RF pin yet either.  It's on the to-do list, but the list just keeps on getting longer  :(

Marilou

Ab-so-lute-ly excited! Though only a visitor, I've waited a year to repeat the grand experiences of Faire.

The PTB may create/own/run the venue, but you wonderful people make it the amazingly entertaining time that it is. (she writes as she tallies her shopping list and tipping monies)