News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any one else go to this faire?

Started by Lady Annue Brandywine, August 08, 2008, 10:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Annue Brandywine

I went to this faire last year. I have only been to 2 faires before NY and a small one in Cairo the whole thing is new to me. They have all been fun and we have been having a really good time. We (Husband, and Daughter7) went on to the Conn faire opening day last year and had a great time. The weather in late September was wonderful, perfect for wearing garb.  I was wondering if anyone else has been to this faire or is planning on going.

Frederic

Why yes, my Lady of Brandywine, the Connecticut Ren Faire is my home faire.  I was there, as a Faire volunteer at the front gate on opening day last year, and its likely we saw each other.  'Twas my duty to peace tie all weapons carried by patrons, and I was especially vigilant for bodice daggers.  Had to tie down a few, too.  If your daughter participated in the Children's Court, she likely met my daughter, who was working there.  We both intend to volunteer there again this year, and I hope to see you.  Wear your RF pin!
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel

Lady_Claira

I hope to go this year. I wanted to audition, but after calling, the guy never called me back. Oh well, there's always next year right. Right now I am in touch with them though about possibly helping with costumes and that could be alot of fun. Who knows?
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

ladyhawke

We just got back from Sterling and are looking into attending this faire.  It will be the third fair for us and the second in garb.  Living in CT I can't believe I never knew about it. 
I am looking forward to going.   :)
Ladyhawke

laedyfaire

We hope to make this faire for the first time this year..if finances allow!  I see that  Blackenshear, The Curious Magician will be there and I highly recommend his show. LF

Frederic

My favorite group is Sweet Amaryllis, and they will be there again this year.  Of course, I have to be there on 13 Oct - as the reigning  Man in Kilt, I have to be there to hand over my crown ... uh, blue ribbon ... or whatever ... to the next winner of the Men in Kilts Contest!

:-\ Hmm .. but I do have a hard choice to make.  I like to work the Faire opening day, but there is a Celtic music festival with Highland games in Hartford that same day  -  Oh, decisions, decisions.

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Quote from: laedyfaire on August 26, 2008, 10:11:10 PM
We hope to make this faire for the first time this year..if finances allow!  I see that  Blackenshear, The Curious Magician will be there and I highly recommend his show. LF

M'Lady, seeing as you enjoyed hearing a part of The Brigands at opening day at NYRF, be sure to come on opening weekend at CTRF and catch us, when we will have all 4 members in attendance. We are flying up our First Mate from his diving the Spanish wrecks off the Keys and our bosun will have finished his stint in the local sponging house on the Isle of Rhode.  T'will be the same line up that blew the manhole covers off the streets at the Baltimore Pirate Invasion
( literally) this past Spring.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Frederic

Well, I'm committed to be there as a volunteer on 28 Sep ( also 12, 13, and 18 Oct)- probably gate guard, peace-tier of weapons, or whatever they say needs to be done.   One of my duties I do know for sure - I'll be emptying the garbage at the end of the day!   At this faire its a duty of the Guild of Royal Guardians, so there I'll be.   Don't know what I'm going to wear the first day (the kilt, or the German merchant garb?) but I'll be there.  Assuming that I'm not way out in the parking lot waving folks in (and dodging cars in the process), if you're there stop by and say Hi - I'll be wearing the RF pin.

Conrad Killigan

I'll be going every Sunday I can and hope to be there for Columbus Day. I'd be there every day but I can't seem to get my boss to give me Saturdays off.

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Conrad Killigan on September 19, 2008, 05:08:14 PM
I'll be going every Sunday I can and hope to be there for Columbus Day. I'd be there every day but I can't seem to get my boss to give me Saturdays off.

Well now that NYRF is closed.. I must seek faire elsewhere.. this looks like a good start..  ;D

Bit of a drive though from NJ. Hrm..

Frederic

Well - opening day (27 Sept) was pretty wet, so attendence was very light.  I wasn't there that day, but I was
part of the 'Guild of Royal Guardians' - a fancy name, although I was mostly parking cars - on Sunday.  It was overcast
but only sprinkled a little, so it was relatively dry.  A good time.  The cast was energized and there was about an
average attendence.  And wonderful news for me at the end - the Guardians don't have garbage duty at the end of the day!

Lady_Claira

I'm hopefully going to the faire tomorrow. I'm even hoping to take my little brother with me. Maybe I can make a jr rennie out of him! HUZZAH

I was gonna go the last weekend of it, but I was hanging with my friends who work there, and they both said I was going tomorrow, no if's and's or but's about it. HA HA HA! I'm really hoping I can get my little brother to come with me though. I don't really want to go alone and I know he's been interested in going. This way I can take him and not be alone.

Sadly though, I won't be in garb. That's all at school and right now I'm at home and have no access to it. Dang. But it could be worse. I could have no garb at all, true? Well, I can't wait and hopefully I'll be there! HUZZAH!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Frederic

[Lady_Claira, quote  But it could be worse. I could have no garb at all, true? Well, I can't wait and hopefully I'll be there! HUZZAH!
[/quote]

My Dearest Lady Claira,

Oh my .... I suppose you could go as Lady Godiva.  A bit chilly for that this weekend, though.

Lady_Claira

Ha ha ha, very funny Frederic! Good one! No, I didn't go as Lady Godiva. Something told me there were laws against that. I just went in mundanes...

I did go today though. Very fun. Bought an ocarina, which was cool. I did bring my little brother and I think we have a rennie in the making. He was completely enthralled by the whole thing. And he says he'd love to go again, so that would be awesome!

Brother Robert of Essex

How does that Faire compare to the NYRF one? I assume they are probably very much alike? Same food and drink etc?  Any particularly interesting items for sale that you saw?   

I keep wanting to go to this one but I have trouble getting myself to drive that far lol

My inherent laziness comes to the surface when faced with long drives.. :D