News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Defenders? Protectors?

Started by NYCGarion, April 04, 2018, 03:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCGarion

So I've gone to the New York Renaissance Festival for many years, but last year I heard the first time about an organization for playtrons called maybe the Defenders? Or the Protectors? Or something similar. Anyone familiar with it? Sounds something like the guild concept at other faires. Would love to learn more from someone "in the know".

Huzzah!
Eric

Jay Byrd

Welcome and well met Sir!  I have gone to the NY Ren Faire for years and I know of a playtron group called the Friends of Faire.  They assist and carry water for performers and have an area where they get to hang out.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in here and help.  There is not a lot of action here on the boards, but this section never was the most active.  Check their website or other social media sites and look for Friends of Faire.  Hope that helps.

Jay Byrd