News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects....Part III

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, April 07, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I wonder what you all have been up to over the long Winter.

It has been a busy one from my end. Finished projects and more on the sewing schedule for myself and clients.

Made a New Doublet for my husband in December of 2017 out of a Chenille, and contrast fabric as trim.

Renaissance ensembles for my 18" Doll.....

An 1860's Civil War dress ensemble that also includes a full Petticoat, Bloomers, detachable sleeves and collar for a Client's daughter in Fort Worth, Texas.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The replica 16th century is completed . The decorative stitching took 12 hours alone on my machine. This in the 16th century would have taken months by hand. This goes out this week to a new client in Oregon.

dbaldock

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on April 15, 2018, 12:50:16 PM

The replica 16th century is completed . The decorative stitching took 12 hours alone on my machine. This in the 16th century would have taken months by hand. This goes out this week to a new client in Oregon.

Wow - That's really nice!
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Kymberleigh

These pouches are what I've accomplished this winter.  I also have 3.5 more pouch outsides like the blue one that need to be completed into pouches still.

I'm not shy... I'm a passive socialite

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Those pouches are gorgeous. Huzzah!

A little something I made for myself over the Mother's Day weekend. Not H/A by any means, but looking forward to debuting this at a Sci-Fi convention in July, the Shadow Legion weekend at the MNRF, and Halloween of course. I call this Gothic Vampire ensemble The Blood Countess.

Now back to the Game of Thrones ensemble. It has been a busy month so far.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Wow....... you have amazing skill and talent....
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: argyl on May 16, 2018, 10:49:48 PM
Wow....... you have amazing skill and talent....

As a customer of hers, Argyl, I can attest to that.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

JEtheridge854

Lady you are extremely talented! It just looks outstanding!

Gothic Vampire is my favourite though - a thing of beauty

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Thank you argyl and JEtherudge854. I enjoy my work.

I finished the Septa Unella  ensemble and Boudica for a client in Colorado, a former R/F forum member. Not a spectacular piece, but one with interesting detail. The 56 eyelets were hand covered with Embroidery Floss and the remaining used to crochet a chain for cording, being that I could not find cording dark enough.

The Linen for the Gown is from an eBay vendor in Denmark. I was very pleased with the high quality of the Linen and looked marvelous after it has been washed and dried. The headpiece is a simple Slip on and off for more comfortable wearing made from a  Wool blend that draped nicely when cut on the bias.

The original from Game of Thrones that was the inspiration for this piece.

My version of it.....

Now on to a Civil War era Ball Gown ensemble for an October wedding in Fort Worth, Texas. Starting with the Undergarments first.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

you sure do an awesome job. a civil war ball gown seems like a big undertaking , good luck with that. I'm sure it will turn out great.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

THANK YOU argyl. I try with each piece I do.

This is my next project, argyl, that I am doing in a darker green Dupioni Silk, with a Silk Orgazna trim with gold threading and black beads, accented with  a Black Venise lace trim separating the over from the under skirt.

The skirt pattern.......

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

wow that is gonna look awesome. I tried to sew a tunic once and had to stitch in the ditch and that was a nightmare. My girlfriend at the time had to finish it , lol. Your work is amazing. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Blood Countess Gown with Hat from Ms. Purdy from Etsy, Wig from Historical Wigmaker on eBay at the Sci-Fi convention earlier this month.

The Civil War era gown ensemble made from a lovely Green Dupioni Silk for an October wedding in Texas. Included in this ensemble is a period chemise, Drawers, and petticoat.

Drawers are underneath.

Next up....
Cosplay Snow White
Pirate Coat a la Mary Reade
2 18th Century ensembles for a Ball in November.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Cosplay Snow White is finished save for the Corset is at the Shoe Repair for grommets. I still have to sew on the Modesty Panel in the back.

Made from Poly Satins. The Toule Overlay for the skirt was from an eBay vendor I was lucky to find. The Gold embroidery designs are Iron On appliques from www.gloryshouse.com that add the finishing touch for the Corset and Cloak. The collar is detachable. Instead of snaps, I used heavy duty sticky Velcro for easier on and off if the client wanted not to wear it.  The Gold multi-colored Gimp trim on the corset, I sewed by hand due to the 5 layer thickness.

This will be ready to ship to Texas on Friday.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

really amazing work. It boggles my mind how you are able to sew all these things .