News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

hello anybody !!!

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, May 06, 2018, 04:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

wondering where everyone is. I have been absent for a number of years and just came back here to reminisce .
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Hausfrau Monica

Welcome back!  Sadly, the amount of people how come on the forum on a regular basis now is very very small.  But hubby and I are here.  What is your home faire?

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I'm from Louisiana . We have a small faire but my favorite is TRF. I guess folks get caught up in daily life and kind of forget about all things renaissance until a festival comes around. I actually have my R/f pin from way back in the day and met many members while camping at TRF. I sure hope the activity will pickup on here cause all things renaissance is a passion of mine.

Merlin the Elder

There are still a few of us, but most have gone to the Book of Faces, or as Zilch would say, the mess of Baces.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

well we can hope folks will return once fed up with " mess of baces "

Gary Wesley

Yep, I must admit, attendance had dwindled over the years.  These days, my home faire is Michigan (formerly Georgia).  I drop in from time to time to see what's shaking or to add a link to my photos  ...because sharing is caring.

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I look forward to seeing others pics from their fares . meet and great is also a good thing when merry making at the fares.

BubbleWright

I still pop in time to time but have not posted anything in ages. I favor forums such as this because you can still access older postings. More than a few days, trying to retrieve a posting on the Book of Face is almost impossible. My home Faire is PARF but I no longer get a season pass as the 140 mile round trip just got to be too much of a drive to do every week for  3 months. Just 2 or 3 visits these days. I will attend the New Jersey RenFaire one weekend coming up as it is only an 80 mile round trip.  Of course, the Renaissance Bubble Machine is long retired. Now I'm just a patron..............                 
                                                                                                  The Bubble Wright
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I wish I lived closer to the trf because I would be there every weekend .  the drive for me is just over 230 miles one way. It's well worth the drive tho.  I've yet to go to a Medieval times dinner and show but that too is on my to do list.

Melkar

Yes, I still try to remember to post my galleries in the appropriate sub-forums.  Maybe people will remember/re-discover this forum as they get disenchanted with FB.   The thing I like is, here it's all faire without the rest of the stuff - some (or a lot) of which I really didn't need to know.  :o

I wish the forums were still active enough to do meet and greets at faire.  I met a lot of folks that way.   I still wear my R/F.com pin when photographing, now once in a blue moon someone will still recognize it.
BCNU,
  Melkar

Merlin the Elder

I'm still here, Melkar, and I also still wear my pin. I have made many lasting friends here as well.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Tom

I'm here, probably less often than I should be. :)
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Lady Renee Buchanan

I've been unable to get on the Forum since before Christmas.  It kept telling me I didn't have some special app installed.  Jut for the heck of it, I tried today and got on.  I've been a member since the first original Forum, and check it at least once a day.  I hope whatever the glitch was that it has been fixed.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Tom

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on February 02, 2019, 05:01:13 PM
I've been unable to get on the Forum since before Christmas.  It kept telling me I didn't have some special app installed.  Jut for the heck of it, I tried today and got on.  I've been a member since the first original Forum, and check it at least once a day.  I hope whatever the glitch was that it has been fixed.

It was a glitch with a piece of security software that helped prevent spammers from registering. It has been removed and all registrations now require admin approval.
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband