News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

rolling the dice !!!

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, May 30, 2018, 03:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

okay so here's the deal. I enjoy meeting people and developing friendships, especially like minded rennies . I'm a single guy who  would love to me an available Lady with hopefully similar interests like renfest and going dressed up and love the faires. I'm not trying to turn this into some dating site or anything trashy . I have read somewhere similar relationships have been made through this site already. Where about does one go on here to seek out the ladies in waiting ? 'Any info or suggestions would be a great help. I don't like the idea of going to a faire alone. Many of my friends aren't into this whole ren faire thing ,yet I am passionate about this so I usually don't have friends in tow . It can be awkward being off on your own at faire and then try to blend in and make friends. Anyhow just some thoughts for those of us lonely romantic bards. This is in no way is for a hookup, I don't operate that way. Not sure where I should have posted this message. If it is in the wrong topic , I apologize.   
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Hausfrau Monica

I am one of those lucky ladies who met her guy on this board through our shared love of renn faires.  There's a section on the board called single and searching...you might post in there, but, sadly the quantity of people on this board now are fairly low....but we hope it will come back up.

I'd still go to faire on your own.  I know it's not easy, but strike up a conversation with others.  Good starting topics are asking for suggestions on the entertainment or pointing out a piece of someone's garb that you think is unique or complimentary in some way.  LOL.... we all love talking about our garb and character.

Best of luck.  What times are you able to pop into chat? I'm MST and am on typically through the day and until about 8-9 at night.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

thanks for the suggestion. I will go and check it out. I too hope more people become active on here, it makes things so much more fun . I don't normally get on here till kind of late due to work schedule. I will try and get on earlier and check out the chat room.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.