News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any Word Of A Faire Coming To Dog Patch?

Started by Craigmeister, June 06, 2018, 12:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

I saw something somewhere a couple of years ago that the new owner of Dog Patch, U.S.A. in Arkansas was going to hold a Renaissance Faire on their site.  Has anyone seen anything recently about that?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

Dogpatch is slated to be renamed Heritage USA and reopened as a theme park.  If there ever was any talk of a renaissance faire at that location, it was probably just spit-balling.  Every year or so another rumour of a new Ren faire in Arkansas pops up, then disintegrates just as quickly.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

Well, that's a fine "how do you do".  Thank you for the scoop, Merlin.

Arkansas needs more faires, what with the postponement of the Pendragon Faire until (hopefully) next May in Little Rock and the delay of the Texarkana Renfaire until the end of October 2019.

The organizer of the Gravette Renfaire is looking for a sponsor and volunteers to resume his wonderful event.  He may even move it to a nearby town if things work out that way.

For those in northwest Arkansas, the short drive to Vinita, Oklahoma for the Grand Lake Renfest at the end of next March would prove fruitful.  I attended it this spring and was very pleasantly surprised by its location, layout, performers and vendors.  I may even set my tent up there next year.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

I've not heard anything about a faire in Little Rock. If it's like the last time someone tried it in LR, I'll be staying away in droves.

Craigmeister

What was the name of the last event in LR?  I believe this one was called White Raven for a while.    This year, it was to be the Pendragon Faire and Mayfest.  It has been delayed for a few years due to health problems in the organizer's family.

Merlin the Elder

It was long, long ago in a galaxy.... oops. I don't recall the name. It was held in Riverfront Park, in North Little Rock, and has been 15-20 years ago. We paid our $10-$15 a head to get in. Since it was behind the flood wall, there was no visual on what we were getting into. Maybe one or two food vendors, funnel cake and cotton candy I think. A couple of vendor of trinkets, and a paddock where you could pet a horse and listen to some guy explaining jousting. At least when you go to a state fair, you KNOW you're going to be a patsy. We had seen everything there was to see, and experienced all there was to experience in about 20 minutes and we left. We haven't set foot in a soft faire since.

Craigmeister

I think my wooden mug selling friend, Bruce Woods, attended that event or set a booth up there.  He was just talking about it yesterday.  There are a few faires I've heard of that never should have been able to use the monicker of Renaissance Faire.  A few of them were in Texas.