News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renaissance Convention?

Started by CalledBirdy, June 09, 2018, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Welsh Wench on August 05, 2018, 05:14:28 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 29, 2018, 08:01:25 PM
About the RenDezvous:

It was not an affair put on by the administrators of the Forum.  It was put on by a group of people who were willing to volunteer to set it up in their area of the country, i.e., Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, Central States, West Coast, etc.  It had to change every year to keep it fair, and your faire had to wait several years when your area came around again, because the other Faires in the same area had to have a chance to host it.

So if anybody wants to put on a RenDezvous, go ahead and do it.  It is a lot of fun, but it is work, and I think that's why it stopped, for no other reason than no one was willing to do it.  If anyone is interested, I would be happy to talk with them on how to set one up, what's expected, etc.  There are enough new members on here to hopefully have a good turnout.

When Lady Nicolette and I hosted the third Rendezvous in Tennessee, yes it was work but it was a labour of love.

Right before TN, the forum got hacked and evolved into the forum you see today. A lot of old friends didn't make it over and the tone of the forum changed.
The close knit group was gone.

And that RenDezvous was terrific, because of all the hard work you both put in, and it showed!  One of my most fun Ren Faire times ever!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Seryn

I never made it to a RenDevoux and always regretted that. I would love to be able to if we have another!
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Lady Renee Buchanan

Unless someone (or a group of people from the same faire) steps up to put it together, it won't happen on its own.  Even though the Forum doesn't have as many of the original members, there should be enough new members to make up a big enough group of attendees.  But someone has to do it.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich