News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

nostalgia

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, June 22, 2018, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I spent some time reading posts and looking at pics from past few years ago. I hope with more renfaires right around the corner there will be new posts and new pics.  who's got a renfaire comming up soon ??

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Merlin the Elder

Colorado recently opened their run. Not making it this year, but was there last year for opening weekend. Fun faire!

We'll be heading to the Big Apple in September to visit our son and his family, and plan to take in the New York Ren Faire in Tuxedo Park, NY. I'd love to be able to squeeze in a side trip to Bristol Faire in Kenosha, WI, but that depends on how much time we can take off.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

wow that sounds like an awesome trip. I hope y'all can squeeze in Bristol. You've got a great opportunity , I hope all works out.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 22, 2018, 06:53:04 AM
Colorado recently opened their run. Not making it this year, but was there last year for opening weekend. Fun faire!

We'll be heading to the Big Apple in September to visit our son and his family, and plan to take in the New York Ren Faire in Tuxedo Park, NY. I'd love to be able to squeeze in a side trip to Bristol Faire in Kenosha, WI, but that depends on how much time we can take off.

Merlin, Steve and I will be at the NY faire in Tuxedo the weekend after Labor Day.  Maybe we'll see you there?  Over Labor Day weekend, we're spending the 3 days at the Maryland RF.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

Very possible, Renee. I'm not sure which weekend ... We haven't blocked out the trip and secured vacation time yet.

Lord Argyl, we made a similar journey 3 or 4 years ago, hit Kenosha and did Labor Day weekend at Bristol, then carried on to NYC. We didn't get to go to the NYRF that time.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

It's funny, but I never really think to take pictures when I go the faire. My coworkers would ask for them, but it's not something I think of. I enjoy taking them, but it's similar to when I go to an anime convention; when I'm in it, it's not unusual to see people dressed as Japanese schoolgirls with blue hair, or a Wizard carrying a long staff ;) It's just perfectly natural ;)