News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Times

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, July 21, 2018, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Has anyone been to Medieval Times dinner and tournament ? Wondering if it is worth the expense .
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Lady Renee Buchanan

We took our kids to something similar when we went to Las Vegas for vacation one year.  It was fun.  However, if you go to faire and sit and watch the jousts, it's the same thing without the food, and a heck of a lot cheaper.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Hausfrau Monica

It is a scripted, staged, safe performance of what typical knights do with an extremely restricted menu of crappy food in an uncomfortable atmosphere.....in my opinion.  I was very disappointed when we went.  BUT...if you have little kids, and can stay away from buying all of the overpriced crap that is forced on you in the holding area then it is a neat experience.  I'd prefer to go to faire for the whole day for the same price and perhaps see a REAL joust.  Having said all of that, I am spoiled for real jousting having been exposed to Knights of Valour and now getting to photograph/know Knights of Mayhem and Charlie Mason Andrews as well as being a retired chef so not much of the experience impressed me whatsoever.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Thanks for the opinions . I see that it's not all that cheap and very much scripted. Perhaps one day I will try it but probably wouldn't plan a long distance trip just to go there. I was kinda hoping it would be a sort of fill in for when there are long months and no ren faires around.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Craigmeister

I think it is a good alternative to a faire.  I saw one on a Friday night in Dallas several years ago the night before I went to Scarborough Faire.  It's fun to see once.  The second time I went, I got tired of being repeatedly told that the knights didn't think we were cheering loudly enough over and over.

They have some nice horses and stories to enjoy.  It would indeed make for a nice experience in the cold winter or hot summer.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.