News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to MDRF 2019

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 12:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steev

Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Serenity

My group of friends meets every Saturday following cannon at the Dragon Inn.  Then we usually head to O'Shucks around noon.  Feel free to drop by at any time!
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Steev

Quote from: Serenity on July 30, 2014, 08:41:50 PM
My group of friends meets every Saturday following cannon at the Dragon Inn.  Then we usually head to O'Shucks around noon.  Feel free to drop by at any time!
Thanks, Serenity!  May take you up on that one Saturday. Do you meet in the tented upper part of Dragon Inn?  S

Serenity

Sorry for the late reply.  Yes that is where we meet!  By the time we make it through the gate and say hi to our boothie friends it's usually close to 11.  Although, if we're hungry and thirsty, we'll make a beeline for the pub  :)
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Steev

Thanks, Serenity.  Definitely be floating around on opening day!  Only 12 to go (gasp!).

Hoyden

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Serenity on August 08, 2014, 10:53:22 AM
...Yes that is where we meet! ...Although, if we're hungry and thirsty, we'll make a beeline for the pub  :)

LOL! Of course you head straight for the pub, you DoRT SOT you.  :) Now, I'm plowing through here, trying to match fair names with real names. I remember a time when we only knew fair names at fair. Ah, the body is willing, but the brain is old...and sober. Cheers!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Amras Elfwine

Here we are, about 6 months out. Last recon, on a driveby one night looking over from I97 when crossing over the Crownsville Road overpass, showed a dark expanse with only a few service lights. I can confirm that they were not noticeably up to anything.

6 months.
Slainte mhath!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Capt Spleen

Better to be called Plushy than Pushy, or worse even..... nervous?

Amras Elfwine

Anyone headed to Maryland for either of the last two weekends, advice follows:

Get there early...those big parking lots have been full by noon, and they have stopped selling daily tickets at around 1PM lately. Also, the traffic has been insane, so bottom line, get there early, well before cannon, to alleviate not getting in in a timely fashion. Did I mention getting there early?
Cheers!
8)
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

R/F member since 2004