News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Autumn 2018

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, August 01, 2018, 01:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Well folks autumn begins in 53 days. Where does the time go !!! Is it just me that gets so nostalgic when autumn begins ? There is just something about fall that makes me long for the days of the past and my youth.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Merlin the Elder

...Like jumping in a pile of leaves? I'd probably break a hip these days...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

Maybe you just need a bigger pile of leaves ;)

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

nothing says autumn quite like hip replacement surgery !!! I still say go for it tho, ya only live once.

Merlin the Elder

Yeah, but I've been around since sometime around the 8th century...

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Aww have faith Merlin, you will probably outlive Styrofoam !!! Your wise beyond measure, you made it this far in this crazy world so that speaks volumes. Throw caution to the wind and dive into them piles of leaves..... or maybe let some young buck do it first then have a drink ponder it some more then gently lie in the pile of leaves.

RefMom3

It's almost as though he knows you, Master Merlin! I wouldn't jump, either, but a nice, backwards fall could be nice.

Merlin the Elder

Yeah, RefMom3... he sees my picture, he knows I'm ancient. He wants to see me shatter!!  ;)

Seryn

I might break a back but I'm ready to jump into some leaves!
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Perhaps a brisk walk through the leaves would suffice , there's plenty of renfaires to attend and ya can't be out for an injury.

Merlin the Elder

We've been there and done that, Lord Argyl! My bride broke her ankle at the Kansas City Ren Faire, at RenDezvous, no less!

One year we traveled to Scarborough for opening weekend, as we try to do every year. I was a bit queazy opening morning as we dressed in the parking lot. I lasted about 15 minutes inside before I had to return to the van to lie down. I spent the day sleeping in the van while the others in the entourage enjoyed the faire. Later that afternoon, we returned to the hotel. I was beginning to hurt, and the Bride suspected my appendix. She was right. I was admitted to Baylor Waxahachie a few hours later, and the next day gave birth to an angry appendix.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

That had to be awful lying down in a van with a sick appendix and missing out on the fun.. As they say that'll leave a mark and no doubt it did.

Craigmeister

Oh, Merlin.  That would be torture!  To be in the parking lot but too ill to go inside to enjoy the faire.  I'm glad you got better and were able to enjoy many more faires afterwards.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

A few months prior, at KCRF RenDezvous, my Bride broke her ankle at the faire, and we got snowed out of Sherwood Forest Faire.

Craigmeister

I guess when you frequent enough faires over the years, sooner or later you're forced to miss some once in a while.  The Iron Thistle Scotfest in Yukon, OK got snowed on about 5 years ago.  That kept me from traveling the 2 hours from Tulsa to visit it.  The next year, they moved it from mid-March to late April.

I could only take the heat for 4 hours the day before Labor Day this year at KCRF.  I wish I would have been there this past weekend.  I could have even garbed up since it was much milder.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Larrygaga

I'll be going Saturday! Can't wait!