News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mixed Drinks at TRF now?

Started by RenStarr, October 01, 2018, 09:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenStarr

I saw a post on FB saying that the top deck at Barbarian is now selling mixed drinks.  So now (per TABC regulations) no "outside" drinks of any kind are allowed to be taken upstairs and they have someone at the bottom of the stairs being the bouncer/gatekeeper. 

My Questions:  are there any other pubs in TRF now that are selling mixed drinks?  And, are they cracking down at the front gate on "spirits" in flasks, boda bags, etc............ being brought in?   

I always drop some coin on some beers and water during the day, but I've always brought in a little something extra to spice up a coke also.  I've never had an issue before, never had an issue at Sherwood, but was denied entrance into Scarby a few years back because I had a small flask in a belt pouch that was clearly visible.  I had to take it back to the truck before they would let me in. 

I ask because I had never been given a hard time at Scarby until they started selling mixed drinks at one of their pubs.  I hope TRF isn't going down that path.     
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

KeeperoftheBar

There is a lower level scotch bar also, a ways west of the Polish Pub.  I didn't notice any major increase in checking at the gate.  I went through with no search of my belt pouch.  Not even StudMuffin's charger saddlebag.

I don't know about the stairs to the upper level.  I didn't try as I can't ride up the stairs anyway.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

They started cracking down on VISIBLE flasks, last year...and don't let John Law see you tipping one back.

It all has to be on the down low, now.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

RenStarr

Keeper & Fraser:  thanks for the responses. 

Mums the word and I'll continue to keep this on the DL.  See you two at AHE!!  We'll tip a few in camp!!
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Bonbour Oakenbarrel

As someone said "visible" flasks
Tails have their purpose...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Just remember, if it's seen, you'll be made to dump it out and they won't care if it'd Loki or 18 yr old Scotch.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

FYI...they were searching bags and pouches yesterday...
Got faerie dust?

Amras Elfwine

They have much to learn in Maryland...they still have Coors Light on the menu... :-)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on October 08, 2018, 09:39:26 AM
They have much to learn in Maryland...they still have Coors Light on the menu... :-)

I think ALL faires sell water...  ::)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

groomporter

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 11, 2018, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: Amras Elfwine on October 08, 2018, 09:39:26 AM

I think ALL faires sell water...  ::)

To quote a friend "light beer" is just mineral water with a yeast infection.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

groomporter

MNRF started offering "craft cocktails" 2 or 3 years ago. Seems to be the new "in" thing.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Merlin the Elder

Scarby has been doing it for 4-5 years, even having a Scotch tasting periodically. They have a full bar in the Rose & Crown. Changes in area liquor laws helped open up the options. It also did away with the "private club" work-around.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

Quote from: RenStarr on October 01, 2018, 09:30:43 AM
I saw a post on FB saying that the top deck at Barbarian is now selling mixed drinks.  So now (per TABC regulations) no "outside" drinks of any kind are allowed to be taken upstairs and they have someone at the bottom of the stairs being the bouncer/gatekeeper. 

My Questions:  are there any other pubs in TRF now that are selling mixed drinks?  And, are they cracking down at the front gate on "spirits" in flasks, boda bags, etc............ being brought in?   

I always drop some coin on some beers and water during the day, but I've always brought in a little something extra to spice up a coke also.  I've never had an issue before, never had an issue at Sherwood, but was denied entrance into Scarby a few years back because I had a small flask in a belt pouch that was clearly visible.  I had to take it back to the truck before they would let me in. 

I ask because I had never been given a hard time at Scarby until they started selling mixed drinks at one of their pubs.  I hope TRF isn't going down that path.   

My question about increased screening at the front gate has pretty much been answered.  From what I've seen on FB, searches at the front gate under the premise of "security checks" by the Beefeaters with Sheriffs Deputies standing right there are going on.  Lots of people not happy with this mainly due to these checks are slowing down the entry lines just getting into Faire.  I had a feeling this was coming.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.