News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bodice needed!

Started by Viola, August 09, 2008, 07:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viola

Hello, I'm looking for a local (MN metro) to make me a new bodice for this year - my trusty old bodice is.. well... old.  And less trusty, 10 years after purchase.  It's time for something new!  I already have some ideas, but I lack the technical know-how and mad sewing skillz to make it myself (a machine that didn't bind up every 5 stitches would probably help as well...).

Not sure if this is the place to post it, so moderator, please point me in the right direction if not.  :)

Thanks!
-A
**  I could not think of a thing to say,  **
***  but I have a signature anyway.  ***

Lord Figaro

She lives!!!!! Good luck on the bodice hunt dear, I;m no help there. But I think if anyone here could help you should talk to the Baroness Doune.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

verymerryseamstress

Give Lady Kathleen a shout.  She's in MN, is she not?
I'm your very merry seamstress.  How may I help you?

Rage

http://www.needleworthy.com/

Felic Needleworthy is local and will be at MNRF. I believe he has a shop in Minneapolis. You would have to e-mail him.

Or... Hey Baroness Doune this sounds like something you can help with.

Muffin

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Viola

Thanks!

And alas I'm not looking for anything so grand as Felix's stuff.  :)

I'm aiming to lose weight, so this is (ideally) a stopgap solution so I have something new, but won't care if it gets tossed by next year.

And in other news, this is weird.  I selected the "watch for replies" box, and I haven't had any emails saying you guys are posting.  :(  Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply!
**  I could not think of a thing to say,  **
***  but I have a signature anyway.  ***

Kiss-me-Kate

Amanda,
You can try my old one if you want, before you purchase one.
It doesn't fit me.  Not sure what size it is.  I doubt it will fit you, but you can borrow it for the season if it does, I won't be using it.
It is a Felix bodice shown in my picture.

Let me know, and I will throw it in my car for this weekend.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!