News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

missing trf web cam

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, October 01, 2018, 12:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I sure have missed Tex renfest webcams over the years. I liked being able to see the faire going on and the people there. I wish they would bring them back online.  I guess I will just have to settle for everybodys photos that are posted.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

SarahColkins

Wow I didn't know that was a thing. I would LOVE to watch a webcam of a renfaire going on somewhere.
One's real life is so often the life that one does not lead.  ~Oscar Wilde~

PollyPoPo

I vaguely recalled reading something about this a couple years back.  Checking through some older threads here, it seems the webcams were operated by a separate company, one that ran several booths at the faire.  I don't believe that particular company is still associated with faire.   

When they stopped their webcam broadcast, nobody else picked up the job.  Would be a nice feature for those of us who cannot get to TRF each season.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Yes that is correct. I read that the company running the webcams and some shops got ejected for whatever reason from trf so there is bad blood with that. It was nice while it was functional. I enjoyed watching the crowds enjoying the faire. I felt homesick and jealous that I couldn't be there but in a way I got to watch and got some relief .
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.